game

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
y/n's pov

i started walking to the gym, a bag on my shoulder so I would look like a manager as much as possible, although I wasn't wearing my team's tracksuit.

I started hustily walking in the gym, looking around for a empty seat so I could comfortably watch the game.

as my eyes were scanning the room, I saw our coach, kurosu waving me over. the rest of the guys were stretching and practicing, so I walked towards our coach, giving him a confused face.

"there's my favorite manager" he said and I gave him an unfazed look.

"I'm your only manager"

"that's irrelevant. come on sit down." he patted the space beside him and I put my bag down, separating me from him.

"ya know even if yer a fake manager ya have to act like a real one. plus we can gossip between matches or on breaks if ya want" he said and I gave him a small smile, sitting down.

"deal." I sat down and got comfortable. after a few minutes my phone started blowing up with messages so I decided to check it.

...
foxy

where are you???
y/n
l/n
y/n
l/n
bae
dude
y/n
nugget
answer already damn

what what

where are you
I can't find you

look at your coach
you dumbass
seen

...

I raised my head and saw suna jogging towards me. when he finally reached me, he stopped and started fidgeting with his fingers. he took my hands and put something cold in my palms, then closed them.

"you forgot to take your rings off???" I said suppressing a laugh.

"shut up. uhhh you can wear them if you don't want to carry them. bye" he said and I opened my hands, seeing the handful of different rings he just gave me.

"sure" I picked some of my favorites and put them on random fingers, overlapping my own rings. I put the rest in my bag and caught a glimpse of the coach's stare while doing so.

"you're friends with rintarou?" he said as I closed the bag's pocket.

"I guess."

"interesting... you're not from Hyogo right?" I gave him my full attention and we started having a short conversation before the game.

"no. I'm actually from here"

"Miyagi? no wonder ya don't have a beautiful accent like mine... suna doesn't either. yer loss" I laughed at his comment and answered a few seconds later.

"oh yeah he's from Aichi, right?" I recalled ryoko telling me about her little friends in Aichi.

"...are ya stalking him?" he raised an eyebrow.

"what? no he told me. look, the first match is starting"

we both averted our attention to the game that was starting and I took out a small notepad from my bag, lazily scribbling stick figures of the player's different body positions so it looks like I'm taking important notes.

the team isn't actually that bad

that's what I thought before I saw suna slacking off. our team, that was slightly ahead on points, slowly fell behind and I started fidgeting with suna's rings out of stress.