comfort

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
suna's pov

"why did he tell you?" y/n spat as she looked directly into my eyes.

"it's not his fault... I asked him why you hated smoking so much and he just blurted it out" I tried to justify tendou's actions.

I observed y/n's every move as she lowered her head to look at the ground. her eyes were visibly watery but no tears were rolling down her cheeks.

"sorry do you have a tissue? something got in my eye" she finally spoke.

"I don't... nugget come here"

"no, I'm fine. I don't even know why I'm sobbing. it wasn't that serious" she raised her head to look at me mid-sentence and wiped her moist eyes with her sleeves.

"for fucks sake" I mumbled before I hit my thighs a few times, telling y/n to come sit on me.

she gladly accepted my offer and wrapped her legs around my hips. she buried her face in my neck and her hands loosely rested on my shoulders as I held her close.

"was it something bad?" I asked, not knowing how to comfort her more than hugging her and I left a peck on her nape.

"no... just crazy diabetes. but I could've told him to stop smoking and nothi-"

"shut the fuck up. it obviously wasn't your fault" I harshly cut her mumbling off and I felt her arms tightly wrap around my neck.

"I'm sorry" she muttered and tried to get off me but my grip was strong enough to keep her in place.

"what are you sorry for??" I whispered a few seconds later.

y/n sighed against my collarbone before she detached herself from my skin and looked at me. her eyes were droopy and her mouth formed a small frown as she was looking down at my clothed chest.

"overreacting like a little bitch" she started tugging and playing with the collared shirt I was wearing under my sweater.

"did I say you had to apologize for showing emotions?"

as soon as I said that y/n's frown got worse. I spontaneously placed my fingers on her cheeks and gently squeezed them together, hoping I'd make her laugh a bit.

"bad nugget. stop it. you're not allowed to be like this, especially when I'm around" I spat as I realized she was still slightly sad.

I could tell she wasn't sad about what we talked about earlier.

the cold, heavy winter air, her seeing me smoke and my lack of knowledge on how to comfort her probably didn't help with the memories of her dad's weak state.

"shut the fuck up I'm not a dog"

"motherfucker you bark when we watch jujutsu kaisen" I jokingly said to make her smile again but I only made it worse.

she looked away from me and got comfortable on my lap as she kept staring at the sun going down.

"I hate you" she softly uttered and I could almost see her lips forming a tiny smile.

"you love me"

I left a few pecks on her soft cheek and saw her hand grab my (drink) from beside me. she slowly brought it up to her lips and started sipping and chewing on the straw.

"was that why you were so quiet at school?" my hands spontaneously started rubbing circles on her upper back as I kept staring at her, taking in every single detail of her face.