daddy

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
suna's pov

Thursday, December 24th

the doorbell was heard from downstairs so I lazily walked my way down the stairs to see who came uninvited at this hour.

"RINTAROU GUESS WHO'S HERE" I heard ryoko shout as she skipped her way to me.

"did your friend come over to play?"

I ruffled her hair and she shot a sweet, toothy smile before she uttered something I hoped I'd never hear again.

"IT'S DADDY"

I took my hand off her hair and blankly stared at the door for a few seconds to process what ryoko just said.

"what??"

"I came to visit for a while... you know since it's the holidays" my father appeared from behind ryoko.

I shot him a strong, cold stare that made the grin on his face immediately disappear.

"rintarou why don't you come help me with dinner?" my mom hesitantly asked as she caught a glimpse of my irritated expression.

I quickly walked into the kitchen and started helping my mom with today's dinner.

I took some green onions and grabbed a knife out of the drawer before I started chopping the onions on the wooden cutting board.

"why are you so cold towards him?" my mom unemotionally muttered, her eyes pinned on the food in front of her.

"why are you not?" I spat.

"he came to bring you presents and see you. why are you like that??"

"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO REACT MOM?"

the knife made a slit in the cutting board and it stayed up, my hand still holding it as I had just stabbed the board with more strength than I ever thought I had.

"don't do that to the cutting boa-"

"how long until he's gone?" I cut her off and looked at her in the eyes but she just looked away.

"he wanted to see ryoko so maybe he'll be gone by tomorrow morning" she softly smiled, trying to make the atmosphere in the room bearable.

"maybe?" I spat but she didn't even try to open her mouth.

I stormed out of the kitchen and bumped into ryoko and my dad, the toddler's hands filled with presents and new toys.

"RIN LOOK AT WHAT DAD GAVE ME" she excitedly beamed.

"that's so cool ryoko" I said as I patted her hair a bit.

ryoko excitedly nodded causing my hand to slip off her head and I saw my dad come towards me with a card in his hands.

"and this is for you" he said as he stretched his hand to give me the plain card.

although he had a wide smile on his face, I took the card and looked at him, my stare burning holes through him.

"DADDY ARE YOU STAYING FOR DINNER??" ryoko asked.

"of course I am"

as soon as I heard him utter these words, I put my shoes on and grabbed a bag with my charger, some gum and my headphones in it.

"dinner's ready... where are you going?" my mom walked out of the kitchen and looked at me, confused as I was about to open the front door.

"out" I spat.