16 🌑

My heart was beating rapidly as I was running through the woods, completely cleared. For some reason they didn't seem to have noticed yet. I knew there was only a small chance that I'd be able to get out of the barrier, but it was worth the shot. I didn't care about anything else right now. If I'd get caught, what could happen? They'd lock me up again, whichever side it was? Maybe it was awfully selfish to run out on my own, leaving both Chan and Seungmin behind, but I'd find a way to rescue them somehow. I'd fix it all, I just had to get out, right?

I stopped abruptly after hearing a branch break. Were there any animals in these woods? Highly likely. Were they big enough to make a branch break? No clue. I anxiously glanced around, my hands shaking madly. Was I about to get caught? I couldn't do this, not yet! I finally got my legs to start running again, stumbling from the sudden change of pace. If only I could get to the barrier to see if it was possible, that was all I was asking for, at least for now.

My eyes were burning from all the tears that had left my eyes. The branches and plants had made at least a dozen cuts already on my body, all stinging as the wind hit my body. I could see the trees slowly become less close, creating room for a way out. I had been following the line all this time. I had no recollection of which way to go, especially since I was barely out, but there had be an end of this line somewhere.

As I ran and ran, I got closer and closer, actually starting to see the outlines of our summer camp. My breathing stocked. Was I finally getting out of this place? I kept on running, but it didn't matter. Just before the trees had completely disappeared, I got bounced back harshly by whatever kind of barrier it was. I couldn't make it anymore. I couldn't get out anymore.

I broke down, falling down on the ground crying. "So you realized huh?" a voice called out behind me. "Leave me alone," I snarled back at him. He knew all along didn't he? He knew, so that's why he didn't stop me just now. Wasn't that it? "I thought it would be better if you figured it out for yourself, you probably would have still tried even if I told you," he continued. I threw my head back, my eyes staring at his with a burning gaze. "I said leave me alone Felix!"

He sighed, squatting down close next to me. His eyes grazed over my body, seeing all the thin red lines carved in it. He put his arm around me, pulling me into his chest. "Why won't you leave me alone?" I barely got out, holding onto his shirt tightly. He smiled. Probably because he knew. "Because I know you don't actually want to be left alone right now."

He took a deep breath, kissing the top of my head. "Come back with me, I'll take good care of you okay? We could watch the stars every night, I'd be sure to never leave your side." His hand moved to mine, pulling me up with him. "Why don't we get back princess?" I solely stood there, neither lively nor with any emotion left. I failed. If I would ever want to get out of here half of these guys would have to be killed. Everything was ruined.

"Y/N!" A different voice shouted, getting over as fast as lightning. "Felix," Jisung growled as soon as he spotted his other half. This I could by far not handle whatever was about to go down. My entire plan had just shattered into a thousand little pieces. I honestly just didn't even know what to do or whoever to go with, and frankly I didn't even care right now. All I wanted right now was to get out here as fast as I could, wherever it was that I'd stay at in the meantime. I probably wasn't going to enjoy it anyways.

"Sungie, nice seeing you again," Felix grinned, slightly pulling my back against his chest, his arm over my shoulder around me. Jisung rolled his eyes at him. "Don't call me that." It was quite easy to see the differences between the two. While Felix seemed rather confident, Jisung seemed to be somewhat more taken aback, like the younger brother being teased by the big brother. And I was probably about to be in the middle of it.

"Y/N, what are you doing out here at this hour? I thought you were asleep," Jisung continued, seemingly ignoring his brother. "I couldn't sleep," I answered kind of coldly. Not that I was mad at him or anything, but right now I was just mad at everyone and everything. Jisung stared at me, a slightly hint of pity visible in his eyes. He probably knew as well, judging from the looks of it.

"Are you planning on going back with Felix?" he asked hesitantly. I shrugged. "I don't know, maybe I should just stay out here for the rest of my life, watching everyone living the life I should have had if it wasn't for all of you." Wow, yup, I definitely was done with it, wasn't I? "Y/N, I know this isn't what you were hoping for, what you wanted, and I might not be able to change that you're here, but just maybe I can ease the pain, even if just a little. Please don't go with Felix, he'll just hurt you in the end...

Like he did to me."