60 🌑

"San, where have you- oh," the voice faded quickly as soon as the owner of the voice saw me. It felt quite awkward being here with everyone again, especially considering last time. For all I knew they could be blaming me for all that happened. I buried my head in San's chest, suddenly too scared to look at the other's. What if I had just gotten me in much more trouble? San chuckled. "She's here for Yejun. Do you know where she went? I haven't seen her in a while." Did that mean Yejun was just like them? Visible?

"You actually know her?" I asked perplexed. Did that mean I could have seen her already? While I didn't even know? I could hear a chuckle from behind me, probably one of the guys, though I couldn't make out who. "She's the one who convinced us to make the deal that day. Turns out she traded her soul for the safety of the kids in the forest, the deal with the devil... Turns out she had to stay 'alive' until the deal got broken, just like we did. We broke our deal, but it turns out the only way to break hers was for the peace to be over for good, for the safety to be gone. I think that's why she had been hoping for someone to finally help her move on from this living hell. The poor woman. "

I still couldn't bare to look at the rest, though part of me was quite intruiged. After all, it was their last night here. San noticed, putting me on the ground again, my legs feeling quite wobbly from being carried for so long. I finally decided to look at the other's, them all shining brighter than ever before as well. They truly looked enchanting. Enchanting enough to make my heart skip a beat. They looked like they came out of a tv show, movie stars, or maybe idols? They looked too pretty to even be real.

The season really made it all seem so beautiful, to the point where you'd want to give in to the feelings it gave you. Would the same have happened with Chan? With Seungmin? And all the others too? I didn't even want to think about it, it could mess it all up. Especially when I was finally this close. "I heard you were looking for me?" an unknown voice echoed through the woods, my head turning until I saw the most gorgeous woman I had ever seen in my entire life. "So you're the one that's going to set me free, aren't you?"

----------

It was awfully quiet all of a sudden, all eyes focused on Jeongin in anticipation of some sort of explanation. He finally decided to break the awkward silence. "I don't get why you guys are all making such a big deal out of this anyways, wasn't this inevitable in the first place? Why can't we just get it over with, have the fight and finally decide who the winner will be? I honestly thought everyone here would be thanking me for finally letting it happen. Did you want to stay here forever living like this?"

Changbin's fist met Jeongin's face in a matter of milliseconds, just before Minho could. "Are you insane? Do you even know what you started? Thank you? For causing Y/N to walk right into her death? Well geez, thanks a lot you fucking asshole?" he shouted out, only stopping as he saw how truly confused Jeongin was. "What do you mean her death?" Jeongin asked, repeating it more aggravated when he didn't get an answer. "Tell me, what do you mean?!"

"How come you don't know this, yet you literally witnessed your mom run away, and had the diary in your possession all this time?" Minho questioned him first, only making Jeongin panic more. "What the hell are you guys talking about? Don't know what!" Changbin sighed, eyeing Minho about who should tell him. "Your mom made a deal with the devil, you know that part right?" Changbin started out, continuing when he got a small nod. "Deals with the devil are often meant to be broken, as people will regret it. When the deal is broken by the hands of the prior human, they will either disappear, or take over someone else's life. That depends on their actions."

Jeongin looked both puzzled and horrified at the same time, trying to make any sense of it. "Your mom is about to give Y/N the pendant, with which our peace and safety will be gone. That means that her end of the deal was not met, leaving the two options. For her to disappear, like we said, or..." he paused for a second. "If she is still close to any human or whatsoever, she has the ability to take over her soul, meaning that Y/N will be trapped as a shadow for probably ever."

Jeongin started cursing, crawling up and banging on the force field. "Why didn't any of you guys tell me this! You think I wanted her gone?!" Jisung stepped forward, much to everyone's surprise. "Do you actually think we would believe your sorry pitiful story?" Jeongin stopped crying all of a sudden, his eyes focused on Jisung with a rather indescribable expression.

"You constantly act dumb, like you don't know anything, but we all know better. You gave it to her because you knew the season affected her the most, made her vulnerable, and would probably let her choose to stay here after all. You needed her gone in order to revive your mother, bring her back and let you take it all over you bastard! That's why you gave it to her now, just before she could decide to stay!"

Jeongin started laughing, manically even. "Ah, what a shame. And here I was hoping you guys were just a little bit more dumb. Especially you Jisung, didn't take you for the type to see through people, aren't I right, my big brother?" Everyone grew quiet, even Jisung was taken aback upon the nickname. "So you even knew that didn't you?" Jeongin laughed again, even louder this time.

"What else do you expect from the devil's son?"