54 🌑

"Go in, I'll be waiting here right by the hatch. If he tries anything funny, scream as loud as you can, I'll save you," Changbin said firmly as we had reached the bunker. I couldn't help but frown. What happened to 'you will never be alone'? "By myself? What am I even supposed to do or say?" Changbin chuckled softly, like it was actually cute what was going on. How adorable, a person locked in the basement.

"Just do anything to get information out of him about why he's here or what their plans are. I know he isn't stupid enough to just surrender, so there's got to be something more to it. If he knows I'm here too he definitely won't talk, so just tell him you snuck out to see him or whatever." I nodded slowly. He made it sound so easy, while I barely even knew what I wanted myself. At least until I got that diary, I'm sure that would clear things up.

"Fine, I'll see what I can get out of him, but you have to promise me not to hurt him so much anymore..." I said somewhat embarrassed. He always stayed kind to me anyways. Changbin looked rather unsatisfied with the request. "Is it because you don't like violence or is it because it's him?" I looked up at him, somewhat taken aback by the sudden question. "With anyone, really," I hastily added, hoping he'd accept the answer.

Changbin let out a sigh, quickly pecking the top of my head, walking to the other side of the hatch, just a little further away. "Go in quickly before I change my mind about it." I nodded, not looking at him, my cheeks slightly burning up at the sudden display of affection. I opened the hatch, carefully going down. There he was again, already beaten up by Changbin. The corners of my mouth dropped upon seeing him like this. What was he even thinking.

"Minho!" I shouted worried, covering my mouth upon noticing how loud it actually was. His head instantly shot up, a ray of hope visible in his eyes. "Y/N, you came," he replied, sounding more relieved than I had ever heard him. I stumbled down the stairs, twisting my ankle in the proces, yet too focused on Minho to even truly register it. I ran up to him, grabbing his arms and face on by one to look at all of the cuts Changbin had caused.

"Oh gosh, Minho, look at you," I called out, sighing in disappointment. I thought Changbin said he wouldn't be too violent, but look at what he had done already. Minho put his arms open as wide as he could, pulling them closed again to hug me. "I knew you were gonna come in," he smiled, ignoring his wounds as if they weren't even there. "Y/N, are you okay? Did no one follow you here? They didn't do anything to you did they?"

I already felt guilty for having to lie. "Don't worry, I was able to sneak away. I got worried when I heard you were here, what did you even think you were doing?" I half yelled. Was he even thinking at all? I pulled away from him, looking him right in the eyes, but all he seemed was strangely happy. It didn't make sense, at all. Here he was, beaten severely, chained up, yet smiling like nothing was going on?

"Don't worry about me, I got a plan. It's gonna turn out alright, but I need your help. Do you know where the key is to these chains?" Was he asking me to free him? "I... don't, I'm really sorry," I answered him, my guilt increasing. Changbin had them with him, he always did. Attached to the pocket of his pants. Even if I really wanted to help Minho escape, it would be nearly impossible. Minho's smile disappeared, only making me feel worse by the second.

"Oh..." he brought out, the disappointment hard to miss in his voice. "It's... don't worry, it's fine. We'll find another way. It's all gonna be okay, I promise. I'll save you, so don't worry." Was he saying this to make me feel terrible for lying? Because it certainly was working, and I thought it couldn't be worse. Save... Was it really that bad here that I needed saving? Sure, it felt weird and all, but I was finally starting to get everything together. That Chan and I could be happily together. Though maybe all of that was just wishful thinking, that things could back to the way they once were.

In all honesty, I had already grown to like it a bit more with Changbin and the guys. On the contrary to with Minho and the rest, I felt like I was getting closer to them all, even if just a little, while with Minho I could only truly trust Seungmin, but I hadn't seen him in what felt like forever. Was I really starting to forget about him already with Chan around? My head started to sting upon trying to figure anything out. I thought I was so sure that my feeling for Chan had left when I was with Seungmin, but now I wasn't sure anymore, especially after the kiss.

If I could just get my hands on that diary. I'd figure it all out then. I'd take Chan and Seungmin out of here, let everyone reunite with their families, and all well end well, that was the plan. Until I had the diary I couldn't leave this place yet. I really am sorry Minho... "Is that why you're here? To save me?" He nodded, looking at me with eyes filled with care. "Of course, did you really think I was going to let you suffer here? I'm sorry I didn't come earlier, but I'm here now."

When did he become so sweet? And why was he making my heart ache so much?