17 🌑

I could see Felix roll his eyes. "Come on, don't make me sound like the bad guy here." Jisung scoffed. "I'm not making you sound like one, you made yourself one!" I just looked at the both of them, my head going back and forth. They were both getting pretty agitated... If I stayed quiet they'd probably just continue, but who knew what could possibly happen if I spoke up. Well, it was the only shot I had at kind of lessening the headache I was about to have.

"Listen, I don't know what happened between you two, but can we please not do this right now? I just want to go home..." Felix's gaze shifted to me, while Jisung's kept burning holes through his brother. "And where is home Y/N? We all know that you can't get out of this forest, so where is home for you? With me? Or with... him?"

I should have just kept quiet. How was I supposed to know? I wouldn't be safe wherever I go, and happy was something that I wasn't even sure about. Yes, I had been with Chan for as long as I could remember, but right now it felt off. He felt off. He still looked and seemed like the sweet and caring Chan he was, but after hearing about the deal I just didn't know anymore. If he cared so much, why did he seem to have sold me off so easily? But I wasn't being fair either, judging him without having heard his side.

Though it was true that I felt safe and cared for with Seungmin, I had no clue if I could leave Chan again. I had no clue where to go, or what to do. Where to feel safe. While both Chan and Seungmin would try to keep me safe, with Minho and Changbin around I just didn't know if I could be safe anywhere. This was honestly one of the worst choices I would have to make.

"Y/N, please, look at me," Jisung's voice chimed through the woods. I raised my head up, looking at him again filled with uncertainty. "I can understand why you'd be confused or wouldn't be able to choose. After all, you had stayed with them for a lot longer already, but they really aren't as kind or trustworthy as they seem! Before you decide, at least hear me out."

Felix's grip slightly tightened around me. "Spit it out already if you want to accomplish something. I want to let her choose, but if you keep this up I'll just take her with me," Felix joined in, making Jisung grit his teeth. "Like she has a choice, or anyone when it comes to you." "Jisung," I called out softly. He let out a deep sigh. "I'm sorry."

He took a deep breath, building up the courage. "So, as I told you before, Felix and I were seperated at birth. At first we didn't know about each other, until I was about 10. I wasn't supposed to know, but I accidentally overheard, so I went out searching for him. It was the first time the line was ever crossed..."

"I found him after what felt like ages of running. As soon as I saw him I hugged him and told him about what I had heard. He seemed overjoyed, invited me in, telling me that we could stay together forever... we went inside and talked for what felt like forever until we were tired. He led me to his room and let me stay in his bed. I fell asleep just as quick."

Jisung laughed. "Well, until I woke up a little later from voices. I could hear Felix talking to someone so I decided to go up to the door and talk to him until I heard about their conversation... Felix said that I was in here right now, asleep... an easy kill. I jumped out the window on the roof, making it look like I was still asleep in bed. Only a few seconds later Felix came in with a large kitchen knife, stabbing it where I would have been had I not waken up."

I could see why Jisung was so mad at Felix. Having your own brother betray you like that must really hurt your trust. "I luckily escaped, but who knows what he'd do to you if you stayed!" I glanced up at Felix with a slight hint of fear in my eyes. He had me completely locked in his arms, he could do whatever he wanted with me right now...

Not that he seemed to have any intention of doing so. "How many times do I have to tell you, he forced me to! What was I supposed to do, get murdered myself? I'm not this dumb, of course I knew you were gone, anyone would see through a trap as stupid as that! There's no way I could have actually killed you!" Jisung mocked Felix in a belittling way. "Yeah sure, like anyone would believe that!"

There it was, what I had feared for. This was going to go on for ages while I'd completely be in the middle of it all without any way to stop it. Maybe if I was able to just choose for once in my life I'd be of some help, but my stupid brain just couldn't make up it's mind, so I felt like in the end I was the only one to blame for the position I was in.

If only for once I could get myself out of it...