53 🌑

"Y/N? We're back," Jeongin called out. Ah. I cursed under my breath. Just before I could even look. There was no way I could involve Jisung, but with Changbin's verdict of me not staying alone it was gonna get a lot more difficult. "How was it?" I called out. "Didn't look like they were gonna do anything to be honest, just a lot of talking and yelling from what we could see," he answered with a rather indifferent tone. "That's good I guess."

So much for the diary, though frankly hearing his voice felt weird now. I know I hadn't exactly been the saint around here, but I still couldn't help but feel uncomfortable around Jeongin after Jisung told me he lied. If he did know, what could he possibly be hiding? A lot more than I thought there was to him, that was for sure. I guess for now I should at least be wary of him and careful around him. He probably knows I'm onto something, I can't let him know it all before he does something.

"How about here? Nothing out of the ordinary?" Chan asked, looking up at me as I leaned over the railing of the first floor. I got out of Jeongin's room as soon as I could just before, I couldn't take any risks now. Before I could answer Jisung stood behind me, leaning on the railing with his hands over mine, taking me quite by surprise. "Nope, didn't have anything."

Chan looked puzzled, seeming uncomfortable, but chose not to say anything. Not after the talk he and Jeongin just had at least.

----------

"You saw that?" Chan asked hesitantly. He knew there was no point in denying it. Jeongin scoffed. "I didn't exactly see it, but Jisung's face said enough when he opened the door to call you guys down. I'm surprised you didn't even hear him. Were you that obsessed with her?" Chan stayed silent, but feeling anger arise in him. He couldn't lose his cool now. Come on.

"No but really," Jeongin continued, "I knew you were in love with her, you made that idiotically obvious at the beginning, but do you wanna get yourself killed?" Oh, how badly Chan wanted to punch Jeongin in the face to make him stop talking. "I'm honestly a bit sad Changbin didn't catch you guys. Would have been quite the show if he did."

Honestly, Chan hadn't even thought that through. If Changbin did find out, what would have even happened? He too knew damned well that he wasn't the only one at the place that had an obsession with her, whether it was just because of the mating season or actual love, but in his mind she was still his. After all, she gave her all to him, she still loved him too didn't she? He couldn't give a damn about these guys, she was his and that was final to him.

"It's not like he owns her or something," Chan muttered under his breath, though trying to hide something from someone with such great hearing was somewhat foolish. Jeongin laughed, a scoff maybe, Chan couldn't quite make it out. "That's the problem. As long as he's got the lead around here, he does. I know you haven't exactly been here for long, but he's the alpha. What he wants, he gets, whether we like it or not."

Chan could feel his blood boil at the thought alone. Just because Changbin seemed to have some power he could have his girl? What a joke. Jeongin carefully studied Chan's expression, trying to get a grip of Chan's intentions here. Observe, act and overcome. That was his plan. He didn't need Changbin gone, exactly, nor did he need all the power. That didn't interest him much, but Y/N... He just didn't quite feel like letting her go. Not when something about her just seemed to spark something up inside him. A memory? A familiar feeling? Even Jeongin didn't know what it was.

Well, there was something else he needed her for though. The very thing he stopped her from doing, he needed her to do. He hadn't thought about it much in the beginning, but after seeing a resemblance between Y/N and his mother, he couldn't let go of the thought. Maybe, just maybe, he could get his mother back through Y/N. All she needed was to walk right in there again, at the right timing, the right place, and he could get his mother back. He could get everyone back, like the plan was all along. But all in it's own time. He'd get it done, now all he needed was Y/N's trust, and a plan on how to get it.

Jeongin scraped his throat, making sure to clear his thoughts. "Anyways, if you don't want Changbin to be too suspicious I'd be awfully careful if I were you. Only the littlest thing more, and he's onto you."

----------

"Y/N," Changbin's rushed voice echoed through the place. Jisung instantly let go before Changbin could see, already disappearing back to his room. I walked down the stairs, the slope of the silk dress falling down step by step, following behind me. "Everything okay?" Changbin swiftly shook his head, rolling his eyes. "I need you to come back with me."

Back... to Minho? "Why? What's wrong?" Changbin let out an annoyed groan. "He won't spill anything unless you're there, I can only assume. He seems to have a weak spot for you, so please help me out here. I promise I won't let him do anything to you... nor will I do any harm to him while you're here. I know you don't like that stuff."

Though I wasn't exactly sure if it was such a good idea to come along, at least Changbin seemed to be sincere and actually attentive, towards me at least. Maybe it would be a good way to see what the two were up to, see if there was anything that could help... Besides, for all I knew, Minho was probably going to need someone for the wounds he'd already have so far.

I'd find the diary tonight, just in time before the full moon. For now it would probably best to go with Changbin... What was I getting myself into?