24 🌑

"How have you been? Did they do anything to you?" Minho asked. "Technically speaking nothing except for causing me a huge headache. Oh, and arrange a marriage." Minho put his finger under my chin, making me look up at him. His softness seemed to disappear with every second. "They arranged a... What, exactly?"

He heard it right, I'm pretty sure. Saying it again would set him off like crazy, but I at least had to explain. "A marriage, but I also only just heard about it yesterday. Apparently Chan and Changbin made a deal to get me here, and I'd have to marry Changbin. I don't know any details either, but I'm pretty sure I'll get to hear those soon."

"That Changbin..." Minho growled, getting more and more worked up by the second, but he didn't seem to out them very much. "What about me?" Changbin's voice louded as the hatch opened. Changbin slowly walked down, however instantly ticked off as he saw me in Minho's arms. "Y/N, get away from him. I can't let him hurt you in any way."

Couldn't I just relax for a little bit more?So much for sleep. Minho kept his arms around me, but I shook my head. "I got it, I don't want any more arguments so early in the morning." I got out of Minho's grip, who cooperated despite to his unliking. "Y/N, Chan's up waiting for you to take you home, I'm going to talk to Minho here for a bit."

Talking. Yeah sure. I honestly don't know what they want to get out of him, but I at least know that Minho won't be enjoying what he's going to go through. "Can I at least go back to treat the scars you're gonna give him later?" Changbin seemed somewhat shocked upon the fact that I seemed to know already, but nodded eventually. "Just not too long okay? For now go back with Chan." I mouthed a 'hang in there' to Minho before going up, closing the hatch behind me.

"You're here," Chan noticed, a small hope yet fear growing in him. "Y/N, I have to tell you something." I looked down as we started walking back. "It's about the deal between me and Changbin..." I nodded. "The marriage deal. Jisung already told me." Chan let out an 'ah' in understanding. So that was why she was so mad at him. "I know right now it looks bad, but please hear me out okay? I hate being on bad terms with you."

I sighed. There was no way I could resist if he pleaded like that. I hummed. He was still my weakness after all, no matter how mad I got. "Changbin came up to me one day, proposing to get you here after I continuesly bugged him about it. I tried to do so once on my own, back on the rooftop, but Changbin pulled me back, scolding me like crazy." So it was really him after all...

"He finally agreed to take you in, but only on one condition. To marry you." He paused for a bit. "It was the only option I had if I wanted to get you back, so I agreed, but of course there's no way I'll actually let him marry you, I came up with with plan, so please trust me. I'll get us out of here, I promise you."

I grabbed his pinky with mine, intertwining them. "I tried, but we can't. We can't get through the force field or whatever it is that's keeping us here," I muttered. Chan twisted our hands a little, now fully holding mine, a smile on his face again. He was already happy enough to see her next to him again. "I also heard about what happened with Jeongin. I don't think he was lying about everything, so that probably won't be a good thing either, but it might be our only chance."

Chan sighed. He had seriously hoped they could get away through there, but with the shadows and ghosts it could be seriously trippy, but it was probably their only shot. At first they just had to figure out who could and who couldn't pass through the barrier. It was clear that the others couldn't, but what about Chan and I? We both hadn't tried it yet.

"Do you want to?" Chan asked slowly. We weren't back yet, and no one else was in sight. I wasn't sure of what to do, but going up to it again wouldn't hurt, that was for sure. "Let's just see if we could actually go through first okay? We'll decide after..." Chan hummed, stroking his thumb over the top of my hand in a comforting way. I somehow still couldn't manage to look at him. I didn't know how to feel around him anymore, there was just this certain continues guilty feeling, but I couldn't place it. Was it because of Seungmin?

We got back to the edge again, both of us climbing to the top. "It looks a lot bigger than I thought..." Chan noted, slightly concerned if they would actually try to pass through. It'd be a lot of work to get through there safely, they'd have to travel by trees since they can't possibly go over ground with the shadows there, but who knew what would happen with the ghosts actually roaming around with other's souls. Would they be dangerous?

We got down, too close to the ground for my liking. "Hold onto me tightly," Chan warned. He held onto my wrist as I held onto his, standing on top of his feet and stretching out as far as I could. I could feel a weird sensation go through my body, but one thing was certain.

I could get through!