40 🌑

How long had it been since I had a good night sleep like this? It felt like it had been forever, feeling somewhat refreshed in the morning. Not instantly thinking about having to get out, or that I might be taken away again, for the so maniest time. Finally, all that was on my mind was a somewhat peaceful feeling. I couldn't really place it, it was rather a mixed feeling if you really thought about it, but I didn't feel the need to. It was good. For now, at least.

A leaf whirled down through the sky, falling from the tree visible through my window. That was something I had slowly gotten used to by now, no curtains or anything. It was weird at first, seeing how I'd wake up earlier than I used to, but it too helped a little bit with feeling somewhat better, having a rather normal sleep schedule compared to what I used to have. 

I put the covers off of me, instantly feeling a cold breeze flow over my almost completely bare legs. Having a choice of clothes here wasn't exactly a luxury I had access to. I still had my pajama shorts and oversized shirt, or rather, Chan's old shirt I had "borrowed" from him a year ago. Not that I was ever planning on giving it back though, and he didn't even seem to care. He thought it was rather funny actually, a girl stealing his clothes. Especially in the beginning that was all I had, considering it was both still night when we left, as well as the middle of summer.

Luckily, back at Seungmin's, I got two extra pairs of clothes. Some sweatpants and a hoodie, another T-shirt, a cardigan and a pair of chinos. Those, my one bra, three pieces of underwear and some socks. Goodness gracious it was dramatic. I had to wash everything so often you'd say by now they'd look even worse than they already did after these years. Well, one thing I learned living here was that I most certainly didn't have to be as concerned with my looks as I used to be. All this time, this was one of the least of my concerns.

Well, besides that one night with Seungmin. My mind wandered back to it, feeling the flowy dress occasionally touch my legs after twirling around in front of the mirror. That day was about the only time I had thought of looking pretty. I kind of missed it actually, it was rather comfortable as well. I couldn't help but think of looking for fabric around here. Maybe, if I still remembered how from all those years ago, with a bit of luck I'd be able to make myself some more.

I got up, already feeling rather excited about it. I finally had time to have something else on my mind for the first time in a while, it was rather fun to think about. Not that I had a lot of classes, so I never really learned a lot, but I should still know the basis at least. I opened the window as far as it could, which was really only a tiny creak, but it still gave some fresh air. The wooden floor felt cold to my bare feet, though it wasn't necessarily a bad feeling. I didn't really feel like complaining like usual. Maybe it was actually a rather nice feeling if I finally stopped complaining.

I went out of my room, most of the doors still yet closed. I couldn't blame them, though. It was still rather early after all. I roamed around for a bit, silently though. I didn't want to wake anyone up, though to my surprise I really didn't see anyone else. Normally the first thing I would think of was escape, but it honestly didn't even cross my mind this time. I just wanted to find fabric. Surely they had to have something.

Though I hadn't been here for long, I did remember some sort of storage room. It was rather dark and musty so I never really took the time to explore, but my curiosity only grew more and more. If they were to have any, that place would be my best guess. I opened it's door, the amount of dust coming out making me cough instantly. Had anyone ever cleaned this place? If I didn't find any fabric, at least I'd still have something to do after all.

"Looking for something?" I heard behind me so suddenly, making shivers run down my spine. "Goodness gracious, how do you not have any audible footsteps?" Jeongin's soft laugh echoed through the hallway, giving me a weird feeling in my stomach. I still didn't know what to think of him. I just hadn't figured out what his true nature was just yet. The kind compassionate guy that stopped me from walking into my plausibele death, or the evil rude boy that seemed to be kind only to get what he wanted. Whichever he was, just thinking back about his behavior annoyed me. I just hadn't quite forgave him yet.

"Anyways, I'm looking for fabric, actually. To try to make some more clothes, since I practically have none. Do we have any?" Jeongin looked up rather surprised, taking some actual interest. "We... do have it actually, quite a lot of it. I didn't know you could sow." I shrugged. "I'm really not all that great, I'd be lucky to even remember how to, but I guess I should really start trying at this point. I can't always live off guy's clothes now. They sometimes are rather itchy anyways."

A small, actually rather cute smile formed on his lips, reaching out to my hand, stopping halfway however. "Come with me, I think I might have something you'll like," he said, walking up to his room. I hesitantly followed him. It would be my first time seeing his room. It was rather simple, but had a calming vibe to it. Well, until he opened the door to a closet, showing clothes far and wide. From dresses to sweaters, skirts to the most basic pants in all sorts of shapes and colors.

"I was hesitating ever since you came here, but I guess she has no need for these anymore. Just take a look around, who knows what you'll find."