20 🌑

I was about to storm off to my room when Changbin called me off with a rather cold tone. "Y/N, you and I need to have a little chit chat." As if my day wasn't horrible enough already. And here I was thinking maybe this place wouldn't be so bad. I should have just gone back with Felix instead shouldn't I? Or just continued to walk down the blockade. Turns out Jeongin lied anyways, so for all I know it could have meant my way out. Just why did I have to be so stupid and believe him?

"Changbin," Jisung said worriedly, shifting his gaze between me and Changbin. "Go somewhere else." Jisung tried to protest, but one angry gaze from Changbin was enough for him to go. "You too Chan," he added, not even looking at Chan. Chan stood up abruptly, glaring at Changbin but not saying a word. His hand moved over my waist as he walked past me, leaving only me and Changbin.

"Listen, I know I'm about to get scolded badly so just make it quick, my day has already been ruined. Changbin scoffed. "I wonder why," he answered sarcastically. "Seriously? Come on, my only hope to get out of this hellhole has been ruined, I was in the middle of a sibling issues fight, apparently Chan sold me out to you or whatever and Jeongin turns out to just be a backstabbing lyar. And besides that you're about to do, whatever it is, but I just know it won't be enjoyable, so just yell at me and let me sleep."

My stomach rumbled again, making me curse under my breath. I was in such a bad mood and so upset I could barely even breathe, let alone get anything through my throat to eat right now. I chuckled to myself. It wasn't like I'd get anything to eat anyways probably. I'd just have to suck it up. Changbin solely stared at me for a while, making me more and more uncomfortable by the second.

"Come on, just say something, this just feels even worse!" I whined. "Do you really think all that badly of us?" he asked, sounding genuinely curious, maybe even a little hint of hurt in it. "Well, I have to say my time here hasn't exactly been pleasant." Changbin sighed. "Follow me." His words always sounded demanding, yet somehow they didn't seem harsh or anything. Strict, yet with no hostile intention. It was rather weird, but honestly a lot better than yelling.

I followed him to the entrance of the basement, the only place here I hadn't been in yet. It felt as if a lump had appeared in my throat. Not since I was still angry, I just grew genuinely confused yet scared at the same time. With being yelled at you know what you could expect, but silence left room for the imagination, a far scarier place.

My eyes slightly widened upon seeing the overly fancy dining hall with an open kitchen right behind it. No wonder I couldn't find it. "Sit down." I instinctively did as he said, still looking around me to take it all in. "This is what you were looking for wasn't it?" he asked, standing behind the counter. "You know, when you came out of your room," he added. I could only nod, unsure of how to act or react.

"You know you could have just checked or asked right?" he continued, yet without seeming to pay much attention to me at all, rather focusing on the food he started making. "I would but after our last time of being together that wasn't exactly easy," I commented, hinting to the kiss. Changbin rubbed the nape of his neck, looking away rather awkwardly. "About that... I apologize. I wanted to mess with Minho but I guess it was unfair to you wasn't it?"

Why was he being so kind? He was cooking food, apologizing for his behavior... "Is there something more you want from me or something?" I asked awfully confused. I already came back here, probably having to stay for some time, so what more could he want of me to act so nicely? I just genuinely didn't understand. Changbin finally looked at me, just as confused as I was.

"...What do you mean?" I turned my entire body towards him, sitting sideways in the chair. "You know, you just suddenly act so nice after being a complete jerk, I figured you and Jeongin must be alike since you live together and since he seems to be following whatever you do, so you're just trying to get something out of me with acting nicely aren't you?"

Changbin innocently shook his head. "I know I was a complete dick to you before and that this probably feels weird to you, but there's really nothing sketchy behind it if that's what you think." He flipped the pan, making the pancake he seemed to be making switch to the other side. "But then why are you acting so nice all of a sudden? I just seriously don't understand it." How does one's personality complete switch in such a short time?

"I get it, you're probably hurt by whatever Jeongin did to you, whatever it was. I'll hear him out and scold him later, but I'm just trying to give you a good time here, you know, since we'll be spending so much more time together I figured I'd treat you better if I'd want you to genuinely love me when you become mine and all." My brows raised, confusion only growing more and more. "I'm sorry, when I become yours?"

"Yeah, you know, when we get married!"