39 🌑

"Y/N?" Changbin's voice louded with a knock on the door. Ah, he's here already. I let out a sigh. I was hoping he'd take at least an hour more of so. My head had been pounding since crazy, my stomach aching. Not a surprise though, when you barely ate anything the past few days. On top of that, it wouldn't be long before my period would start again. Back at Seungmin's it was already a drama. Without any females, and literally nothing else I could think of, I had to use toilet paper as pads. And believe me, that did not work well.

The door softly opened, Changbin's head peaking through. "I... tried to remake those pancakes," he said somewhat hesitantly, holding out the plate before he even got in. My eyes shot up, my stomach rumbling at just the smell of them. I instantly sat up straight, a smile slowly curling my lips. I instantly took the plate he held up front, eating without further ado. Not that he had a way to my heart, but definitely to my stomach. At least it was a good start of what was about to happen, rather than the many times before.

It was honestly rather easy, it always had been, even as a baby. Make sure my belly was filled, and I was in a better mood already. It felt childish, but I honestly couldn't care less. Nothing was normal right now to begin with anyways. He sat down next to me, watching me eat for a minute or so before continuing. "Listen... I know things haven't been easy for you here. You didn't want to get into this forest to begin with, and now you're unable to get out... with the way I acted, that couldn't have helped either. All that, and the confusion around the marriage, which I'll explain all about in a bit, but first, I just wanted you to know that I truly am sorry."

Changbin glanced up at me, rather anxiously trying to anticipate my reaction. Would I still be furious at him? Would I forgive him? Would I despise him for treating me the way he did, especially in the beginning? I let out another sigh, as if it was all that I could ever since the forest. I honestly didn't know how to feel either. Like he had said before the ghost incident happened, he really did behave like a dick to put it quite frank, no one would deny that, but he did really seem sorry for the way he behaved. He could just be trying to get on my good side, but hating on everyone and everything wasn't going to get me anywhere, although it might seem like the easy way out.

"I want to forgive you, and say that it doesn't matter, but it did matter to me, and it really left a bad impression. I'll try to forgive you so we can start anew, but I don't think I can do it so easily," I finally answered. Who knew for how long I'd stay here, so it would probably be best to at least try to get along. Escaping wasn't on my mind anymore, at least not for now. Who knew, someone could get killed again. Because of something I'd do, or something I did. Although I really hadn't figured out where I wanted to spend the rest of the time here, starting to tolerate people wherever I stayed might be a good start.

Changbin seemed a lot more relieved than when he entered the room. Judging from it, he probably was expecting the worst. Frankly, so was I, but apparently the empty feeling inside couldn't even make me mad anymore. I didn't quite know what I was feeling. At the same time, it felt like a thousand emotions at once, yet I still felt empty. It was as if I had already used up all my emotions, hadding them built up for so long, and just now finally having them released. Could you even need a recharge to feel emotions? What was I, some sort of robot?

I chuckled at the thought. Maybe it would have been better if I was. At least then I wouldn't get worn out from all these feelings. I looked down on my lap upon noticing why I didn't find anything when mindlessly trying to grab another pancake; turns out I already ate them all. I had a slight pout forming on my lips. They were actually really good, I had to admit it, which was why it was even sadder. Changbin let out a chuckle, making me look in his direction, only to notice him desperately trying not to burst out in laughter.

"What?" I asked with the pout still stuck on my face. "If you want more you can just ask you know?" I looked back at the plate, nodding. "Yes please," I said with a rather small voice. It had been a while since I had a good meal. Not that pancakes were actually a good meal, considering how quick you'd be full after eating little, only to be hungry again after an hour or so, but the taste by far made up for that. Changbin held the door open, gesturing for me to go through. "Ladies first," he said with a slight smirk, making me chuckle at the irony. "So you do have manners after all."

I had to be honest, it was rather surprising how easy it was talking to him. Putting aside all that had happened before, some good food and no one else around annoying you could apparently work wonders. I actually found myself laughing around him, which might have just surprised me even more. Maybe he wasn't so bad to be around with, but well, I'd see how things turn out. Maybe starting with a blank canvas was the right idea after all.

----------

Meanwhile, for Changbin everything was going smoothly, almost scary how good things were going. She seemed to slowly relax more around him, only within the matter of an hour. Maybe he wasn't going to have to wait another year after all...