44 🌑

Ah, just how much longer would they take? Of course I knew it was important for them to resolve... well, whatever was going on, but if they took any longer my stomach was going to be growling louder than these guys could ever even dream of. What on earth could have even happened that it got so far? Normally they'd just pretty much ignore each other right?

A soft knock louded on my door, followed by it opening to reveal Jeongin with a plate. "Finally, thank goodness, I thought I was going to die," I instantly called out. "Ah, sorry," I bettered myself however, seeming as it was pretty insensitive to him. Jeongin let out a soft chuckle, shaking his head. "Don't worry about it, sorry to keep you waiting."

We both started eating while I occasionally glanced over at him looking out the window. "You know, if you want to ask about it, you can just do so. No need to stare at me like that." He noticed? Ah... "I... I mean, of course I'm curious, but since it seemed pretty serious I didn't want to bother you about it. You're probably not waiting for that either." "Well, I guess you're right about that part."

A silence once again filled the room, this time a little more comfortable than before. Jeongin glanced over at me this time, a small smile plastered on his face. "Y/N, I don't mean to be rude or anything, but is living here really that hard?" I looked up at his, feeling rather uneasy about it. What was that about all of a sudden?

He must have sensed it, instantly adding to it. "Ah, I just mean, with my mother and all, I never really understood it fully... after all, she came here on her own, and especially at first she seemed so happy with my dad. I just don't understand why she wanted to leave so badly." So that's why. Of course he must be curious about why, he probably never got the chance to ask. Besides, he didn't know any better than living here.

"Well, of course I'm not your mother, so I can't speak for her, but I can definitely understand why it was so hard for her to stay here," I started off, earning a genuinely curious look. "How so?" he asked. "Well, of course it was her own choice to come here, which she seemed to like considering how many times she came back, but I think that the lack of being able to go back, the lack of freedom must have been the hardest."

Jeongin stayed quiet, making me continue. "I think that if someone has something they want to do, it'll feel a lot better since they had the freedom to choose to do so. If they're forced to, they will only get more curious about the other possibilities. Same goes for me. I chose to go here with Chan and didn't feel bad about it first, but when I couldn't leave, my freedom got taken away to choose whether I wanted to stay or go."

Jeongin nodded. "So... what you're saying is..." "Is that if had the ability to leave, I might have come back on my own later since we all did go through things together, but now that I'm forced to, all my mind is focused on is wanting to leave. So of course, things aren't all too terrible now that I'm starting to accept the situation bit by bit, but to say I feel happy about it would be a lie."

Jeongin seemed deep in thought for a while. "Then, say you would have the freedom to leave right now, would you?" I nodded, not even thinking about the answer. "Yeah, definitely. There are people waiting for me, worried about me, I had to at least let them know I'm okay." Jeongin looked rather displeased. "...But I think I would come back. Probably not to stay forever, but at least to see how things were going here. After all, I do have a lot of memories here."

Though I couldn't quite read his expression, he finally seemed a little more understanding. "I think I can see where you're coming from, though I still can't really seem to get it." I hummed. There's no way he'd be able to fully understand, I couldn't expect him to. "Just, don't blame your mom too much for wanting to leave. That's all I wanted to say." Jeongin's face turned shocked, but he let out a small "I guess".

He got up to my surprise. "I have something I want to do, thanks Y/N. You gave me something to think over again." "Ah, ehm, you're welcome I guess?" He laughed, stopping in front him me on his way out, holding a sweet stare. "What?" I asked shyly, almost even giggly the longer he stared at me. "Having you around here isn't all too bad. Maybe with you here I can finally start to change a bit more." He put his hand on my cheek, giving a small peck on the top of my head before leaving without a word.

What... What was all that about? My brain couldn't even comprehend what was going on anymore. The more time I spent with him, the more of a mystery he became to me. I let out a sigh, ruffling my hair. Just when I thought I finally was getting things lined up again, I had yet another thing that was going to be on my mind, for probably longer than I'd like. How was I ever going to survive in here?

----------

Was he jealous? No, that couldn't be it. He was just lucky enough Jeongin didn't see him when he walked out. He was just going to keep an eye on them to make sure Jeongin wouldn't hurt the girl, so why was he feeling so uneasy about this?

Even he himself didn't know...