52 🌑

October 20, 15:21

Dear diary,

I'm panicking, I have no idea of what to do anymore. Last night I wrote about my pragnancy, but Jihoon... he hit me, saying all sorts of stuff I would rather not write about. Apparently the two sides are now actually fighting, so I understand that he's upset, but this is too much. When he got mad, there was something so off about him... I can't place it, but it was almost like he wasn't even human, his eyes were literally glowing!

As if that wasn't enough, I tried to leave, but I can't get out of the forest! It's like it all changed, it became a maze, and when I finally got to the edge, there was something invisible keeping me from getting out. The flowers Jihoon gave me earlier? There's an entire line of them now, it almost looks like a bloodstream if you ask me. There were three men over there, at the end of it, near a pile of branches that I had never even seen before. Two of them were Jihoon and Minjun, one I didn't recognize seemed slightly faded even, as if it was a projection. From what I saw each one slid their fingers, dripping a drop of their blood into a locket used in a pendant... They buried it, but I ran away again after it soon.

I got lost, crying my eyes out, when Minjun found me. Apparently he and part of the group are staying on another side of the red flowery line of the forest now. He took me in and listened to what happened. I truly am glad to have him here, otherwise I would have been even more restless right now. I haven't seen Jiho yet, but I really want to talk to her too... Minjun said he would explain what was going on later on, but asked something about "If I knew about the real them" first... Obviously I don't, but whatever it is, I just hope I can get out of here...

Diary, please let someone save me from this. I just want to go home!

~ Kang Yejun

----------

An awkward silence, a hesitating glance. "I'm not sure if I can tell you..." Jisung answered. He glanced around, looking out the window too. No one was there though, luckily. "I'll keep it short, but from what I know my dad and his mom had an affair. My dad was already married at the time, but apparently he and his mother fell in love nonetheless. My mother and his father got so mad they decided to get back at them, and do the same..."

He sighed. "That's when my dad found out my mother was pregnant and had me, well, and Felix. He was convinced we were his and took her back, basically throwing Jeongin's mother away like trash. That's when Jeongin's father started abusing his mother, as well as Jeongin himself. Jeongin was convinced that if I was never born he would have lived a happier life without his father abusing him, he believes that if my dad hadn't stolen his mother away, they would have been a happy family, and the war would have never even happened. That's probably why he hates me."

Jisung laughed. "You know what the funniest thing is though? I was never even my dad's real son, but Jeongin's father's. Ironic isn't it? Apparently that was why I stayed on this side. I keep calling the guy my dad because I don't want Jeongin to know, but I never even met him for the rest of it. My mom and real dad made a deal that I was to be taken to the other side, so he would have at least one of his children. That was why me and Felix were separated at birth" My mouth fell open. That would mean they were half brothers? And Jeongin didn't even know any of this?

"Remember when I told you that I was the first time the line was ever crossed about ten years ago? Apparently the line was made so no one from the other side could cross at first, but since I had blood from both sides I was an exception... I'm not sure whatever happened to it to change to the way it is, but it happened when all of our parents disappeared. I don't know where or why, but..."

He glanced around again, still making sure, looking me straight in the eyes after. "Jeongin has a diary of his mother. I only saw it quickly once, but I can only imagine everything there is to know is in there. I don't know where he keeps it or how much he knows, but Jeongin definitely knows more to this than he claims to know. Not even Changbin knows about the diary."

Jeongin lied to me. That was the first thing coming to mind. He said he didn't know more to it, but doesn't this mean he knows everything? Who knows what his mom wrote in there, but if I were to keep a diary I'd for sure write it all down. After all, who else could she trust here, if she was in the same situation as me?

"Please don't tell him I told you about it though. He already hates me, I don't want to make it worse. I have two brothers, but the both of them seem to hate me... I just don't wanna make them hate me enough that there won't ever be a chance of it turning." I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. He didn't do anything wrong, yet the both of the two brothers had it in for him. It must have been terribly lonely. I hugged him again, whispering; "It's gonna be alright. I promise I will set everything straight."

The diary... You'll soon be mine.