35 🌑

"I..." Seungmin started off hesitantly, unsure of how he could ever tell his only friend that he had fallen for the girl his friend loved. Was there a simple way to say something like this anyways? Chan looked at him with a sad smile. He already knew, it wasn't hard after the last time they met, but he still wanted to hear it from Seungmin himself. "I like Y/N," Seungmin blurted out, covering his mouth with his hand as soon as he did.

Even though Chan knew, it still felt like a shot to the chest. "I know that you're in love with her too, but I felt like I still had to tell you... I hope things won't get awkward between us now," Seungmin quickly added, trying to recover. Chan shook his head, trying his best to keep up the smile. "You can't help who you fall for, so I can't blame you..." Chan honestly didn't know what to say. He had no idea what happened between Seungmin and Y/N while he wasn't there, and whenever he and Y/N were back together now, she felt way more distant than before. What right would he have to say she was his without knowing anything? Though that night together... she did ask him to make her his. He mentally cursed at himself.

An uneasy silence fell upon the two, neither sure of what to say or do. "We should probably start getting back to the other's. It's probably best to check up on Y/N, she didn't look all too good," Chan changed the subject. Seungmin hummed in agreement, the both on their way again, stuck in the awkward silence. "Say, Chan?" Seungmin asked after a while. "We're still going to figure out a way to get out of this mess together aren't we? Even if we can't see each other?" Chan's genuine smile returned.

"Of course, a promise is a promise."

----------

"Careful Y/N, these branches are pretty old," Felix warned me as we had reached the pile again, already holding out his hand from down on those branches. I jumped off, ignoring his hand, almost falling through. Lix stared for a second, wanting to say something, but shrugging it off instead. He didn't want to make the situation worse than it already was, or rather make my mood worse than it was.

We got over it again, Chan and Seungmin joining again too. The boys all stopped behind me, almost forcing me to stop as well. Minho and Changbin glanced at each other, a sense of hostality slowly coming back between the two groups, as they slowly split back into two. "Y/N, it's time to go back home, let's go shall we?" Changbin rethorically asked. Minho scoffed. "Exactly, since her home is with us, let's go."

The both already were in each other's faces again. "Can you guys for once shut UP!" I shouted, letting out all my frustration. "I don't care about any of this, any of you, whatever! Sure, bite me, marry me, kill me, whatever! I wish I had never met any of you, it's all your fault that life is a mess right now!" I couldn't help but spill tears everywhere. I wasn't sad, by far not, but tears of rage. It sucked frankly, having to cry when you were furious. I didn't want to look any weaker than I already was.

Minho's eyes pierced through mine, but I couldn't even care less at this point. They couldn't make me feel worse than I was already feeling right now, whatever they did. Chan walked forward. Minho wanted to stop him, but Changbin held Minho back. Chan didn't say anything, solely taking me in his arms as I broke down completely. I screamed, hit his chest over and over, while he only kept holding onto me without a word.

Once I finally stopped raging I only kept holding onto Chan, not wanting to face anyone. If only I stayed still like this, maybe everyone would go away, maybe all problems would go away eventually. I knew better of course, but I didn't want to be stuck in my reality right now. That was the thing I both hated and loved about Chan. He always knew how to make me feel better, he was always able to calm me down, even if it was him that made me mad, even if I wanted to stay mad, I just couldn't. After all, his warm embrace, seemed like all I needed to calm down.

My eyes fell on Seungmin for a second, but I instantly looked away embarrassed. It felt bad to be so close to Chan with him around. After the kiss Seungmin and I shared, after the words we exchanged, everything had become different. I didn't know what to feel, around both Chan and Seungmin. I had finally been with Chan after so long, yet with all that had changed the past few months, could I still be with him, feel the same about him And what about Seungmin? Just when I finally got to see him again after having him on my mind, here I was, holding onto Chan tightly, unable to let go.

No matter how much I had missed Seungmin, right now, all I needed was someone who knew me through and through, who had known me since day one. Maybe when my heart had finally set on it, maybe when I finally felt better, I could go back to Seungmin, but right now, Chan's familiar hold was all I craved to be in. "Chan," I whispered quietly, "please take me back with you." I closed my eyes as Chan had lifted me up in his arms, taking off with me while all hell broke loose right behind us.

I'm sorry Seungmin... I promise I'll come back for you when I'm ready, but for now I'm going to be selfish.