61 🌑

"Devil's...son?" Chan uttered out in confusion. "But, wasn't the devil the one that everyone here disappear expect for us?" Jeongin nodded, confidently leaning against the force field. "Oh he was, most certainly. He actually found my mother's request rather amusing, though the only actual reason on why he agreed was because she was still his only weakness. He never dared to show, but he most certainly always loved her, right till the end. That's why he wanted her soul more than anything. He disappeared as well, or at least his human form, to keep his end of the deal. When the deal is broken, he too will come back again and wipe you all out!"

Though some were downright shocked, Minho, Changbin, Felix and Jisung could only hold in their anger. "The funniest thing is, even though you two," Jeongin started again, referring to Felix and Jisung, "are officially his sons as well, he will never even acknowledge you two simply because he absolutely hated your mother, which means he won't ever spare you nor give you anything that could belong to me." This time it was Jisung that hit him. "I knew you were low, but this really beats all of the things I thought of you."

"Why aren't we doing anything about this!" Hyunjin yelled, one of the very few that was kept in the dark for quite some time. 'It was for the best', the other's all thought. Changbin and Minho glanced at each other, the two groaning. "I already explained the first bit, you go next," Changbin urged Minho, who only rolled his eyes at him. "Reality is, we truly can't. As soon as that pendant breaks, we truly will try to murder each other, and the show to keep Jeongin from doing so is actually over."

Minho glanced around, feeling like he had to explain it further with all the confused gazes. "I know some of you do genuinely hate each other nonetheless. Take Felix and Jisung. You two grew up separately due to all that happened, and did truly try to kill each other at some point. However, the pendant is stopping us from being able to kill each other for the reasons of just us wanting the power. All of the fighting the past five years has simply been there to trick Jeongin into believing his plan wouldn't succeed. That apparently failed though, after he found his mother's diary."

"Then, what about Y/N? What am I doing here? Or Chan? Couldn't you have just let us go!" Seungmin suddenly bursted out in rage. "Do you actually believe that just because we tried to trick the devil's son we're suddenly good people? As soon as he got out of the way we in the end would have had a war anyways. The more manpower the better, in no way would I let him rule over this place in the long run. Do we hate each other with the power of the pendant? No. Will we ever be able to see eye to eye on just about everything? Neither, by far not. When that pendant gets destroyed, all of the peace here will be destroyed as well, meaning that the feelings the pendant had been saving us from will all disappear, and we will genuinely start to hate each other more than anything in the world again, just like it all was before the deal his mom made."

"You still didn't explain Y/N though. Was she just a decoy as well to confuse Jeongin?" Seungmin continued. Minho shook his head instantly. "We're still living beings, do you really think we're able to control our feelings at all cost or something? Why do you think we always tried to get her without much force but just by distracting each other? We couldn't actually kill each other anyways, but there was no way I'd give her up." Changbin growled, quite annoyed at the statement. "And now look what you caused, all because you wouldn't stop following her around you made her go mad enough to walk into her death." Minho's eyes widened. "Because of me? If you would have just stayed away from her none of it would have happened in the first place!"

While the bickering had once again started, Chan and Seungmin had been eyeing each other the entire time, realizing they were both thinking the same thing. They were still partially human, so they would still be able to go through the forcefield. With just a little bit of luck they would be able to stop it all from ending badly. "Now!" Chan suddenly yelled, confusing everyone, even Jeongin who hadn't noticed. The both sprinted down, jumping right through, the other's either yelling at them or too stunned to speak. "Don't worry, we'll get her back!"

Seungmin had an annoyed smirk on his face. They all staged it. The fighting, the hatred, everyone had deceived him, but the only thing that was real was that they truly did want Y/N? He couldn't even believe it... Was any of it all real?

----------

"I'm so glad you're finally here. I have been waiting to meet you for a while now," Yejun spoke out, her voice sounding angelic for someone who made a deal with a devil. "Why didn't you just come to me before? Or literally anyone for all that matters," I asked, trying to make any sense of it. "Part of the deal, sadly. I couldn't ask anyone for help, until they came to me." Slowly, a beautiful red hearted pendant came out, glass filled with blood, something more enchanting than I had seen before.

"Will you release me from this place and break the pendant?"