57 🌑

Should I have seen all of the hints? Most definitely. Did I? Nope. Was I really that stupid for believing I could have found myself a friend here? Ah... talk about complicated. "Listen... I'm not trying to get you to drop everyone else, but I'm pretty sure most of the guys are all acting up because of what is about to happen in a matter of minutes now. I'm not saying their feelings for you aren't real, but with the season and all, everyone's feelings are a mess, and they all act up simply because of lust. I just thought you should take it into consideration before you choose. Well, as much as you have a choice in any of this," he concluded it with, walking away inside.

Ah... my head was hurting from all of it. He was probably right though. All of those guys, like me? There was no way. I wasn't that funny, wasn't that good looking. I was simply naive, and that made me an easy target for them all. Besides, they must have all wanted a partner for the season right? Since I'm the only one around, they probably only wanted me to mate. I laughed to myself. How could I actually think any of them liked me? Had I really become that deluded after coming here?

And here I was before, thinking of actually going to rejoin with Minho and the rest. He didn't like me, none of them probably did. Neither Minho, Hyunjin, Felix, nor... I paused my thoughts. Does that mean even Seungmin didn't really like me? Before I could even realize a tear dropped down my face. Ah... maybe he really didn't. The only one I really knew was Chan after all. I shouldn't have been so trusting to all of the others. I cursed, this time out loud though. I'm not going to let them use me.

I walked inside again, big footsteps, entering Jeongin's room without any hesitation. Where was that damned diary? Screw everyone, I'm getting out of here. If I stayed here for any longer I would probably actually start to believe they cared for me. I had turned his entire room upside down at this point, increasingly becoming annoyed. Where was it?! I knew it contained the secret to get out, it just had to have it, so where did he hide it! I was so close dammit, so close, but it wasn't anywhere!

"You looking for this?" Jeongin's voice suddenly rang through my ears. My head jerked back to see him with a small back notebook. The diary! "For how long..." I started, suddenly becoming embarrassed. I couldn't have been more careful? If only I didn't let my stupid emotions get the best of me. "Long enough to know what you're thinking. Jisung is an open book after all, I know he told you everything."

"Listen, Jeongin, I'm so sorry, I-" I couldn't even make up an excuse. It was obvious. He knew everything already, so nothing I said was going to change any of it. Jeongin shook his head as well, to stop me from embarrassing myself any further. He threw the notebook at me, making me only barely catch it in surprise. "Just take it. Maybe you can finally make an end to all of this. It's been going on for long enough now, I think it's time to finally get it over with."

He left his room, leaving with a sad smile on his face. I couldn't even comprehend what was going on. Was he really going to give it to me? Just like that? Just what was written in here to make him so sad? It almost made me feel bad for him, the way he left. Him giving me the notebook, did that mean things were actually coming to an end? I slowly opened it, starting to read it page by page...

----------

October 25, 0:00

Dear diary,

I can't take it anymore. I can't believe it. I actually fell in love with a werewolf. A werewolf for goodness sake, and here I was hours ago, in bed with a vampire. Nothing actually happened between me and Minjun in the end, but Jiho and Jihoon sure thought so. They got together to 'take revenge' or whatever it was. Well, I knew enough after finding the positive pregnancy test in the bin. Jihoon hit me, over and over again, giving me too many bruises that I can't even see straight anymore.

Please don't let this continue for much longer.

~ Kang Yejun

----------

15 years later

----------

February 13, 0:00

Dear diary,

I haven't written in ages anymore. It's been years already. I gave birth to a son, Jeongin. Oh, how sweet he is, but oh how much I resent him. He is a splitting image of his father. Every time I look at him, I just see Jihoon. It terrifies me, to the point where I can barely look at him anymore. I love him more than anyone, but I can't even look at him anymore without hatred. I can't have him grow up with a mother like that

Remember the line I wrote about? I'm actually at the edge of it now... it seems to be the only way out of here, and I don't think I can take it anymore. Jihoon is only getting worse by the second, so... I did it. I had been thinking about it for years, but I actually did it. I dug up the pendant from that day. I heard, that if I take this with me into this grave yard, all the souls connected to this will disappear with me in here. I made a deal, actually. My soul, for the safety of the kids. They didn't do anything wrong. May they become a better generation.

Only when the pendant is taken away back into the world of the living can all be restored and recovered... I know I can't wish this, but one day I hope someone is brave enough to get it back from me and stop it all completely. This will be my last time writing in here... Jeongin, if you ever find this, I need you to know that I really do love you. I'm sorry for leaving you behind.

If any human ever finds this... Please release me from my duty and end it all... I'll meet you at the edge.

~ Kang Yejun