45 🌑

August 7, 1998, 23:54

Dear diary,

I met someone today: Yang Jihoon. I met him in the forest, just out of town. I was foolish again, wandering off, this time late at night. It was dark, slightly sinister actually. It was nice to have some rest from all the noisy people around, but I never expected it to creep me out that much. You can probably imagine how startled I was when a hand was suddenly placed on my shoulder, I don't think I have ever let out a scream that loud.

Much to my surprise, it was a boy my age. As if he knew, he was holding up an umbrella when it suddenly started pouring. He told me I could seek shelter at his place. I hadn't seen him around town before, but he told me he lived in the forest with his friends. Pretty awesome isn't it? He took me up to his room, offered me some sweet tea, and we were talking for what felt like hours, until the rain was already by far over. We promised to meet up again tomorrow at the entrance of the forest. I'm really excited to meet him again tomorrow. Not only is he really kind and well, mannered, he's extremely handsome as well. Maybe I'll get myself a romance after all.

~ Kang Yejun

----------

My thoughts were interrupted at a sudden yelp coming from outside my door. I instantly shot up, unsure of whether I should be concerned or scared. I carefully tiptoed up to the door, relaxing when I saw it was only Jisung. "Are you okay?" Jisung nodded vigorously, getting up before I could even offer any help. "Yeah, I just ehm, slipped, that's all." I looked behind him, seeing soup and meatbuns spilled all over the floor. The poor guy, must have been his breakfast.

"I'm gonna go now, ehm, talk to you later," he hastily said. He got the tray and tried to walk away past me, but I just barely managed to grab his sleeve, holding him back. "Wait," I called out to him, letting go of his sleeve rather embarrassed when he looked back with darkened eyes. "Why don't you go freshen up, it's gotten all over you hasn't it? I'll make you something else to eat." He didn't look at me, yet handed me the tray, mouthing me a small thank you before quickly disappearing into his room. What was up with him?

Well, he must have still been shaken up from the fight with Jeongin. I could only assume that it was worse than I thought, seeing him like that. Especially, since Jeongin want to talk about it either. Did they really make up? Probably not, looking at the both. I didn't really expect the two to make up that easily, but I had to say I had my hopes a bit up high. The more I'm learning about the past, the more unsettling it felt. There was just something that drew me in, wanting to learn more, but it seemed like the more I knew, the worse it became.

Would it really be a good idea to keep searching for the past? I know I said I wasn't going to try to escape, but I couldn't help but feel like there's something hidden in there, something of importance. Didn't Jeongin say so himself? That his mother was able to go in and our before? That means that it wasn't even all that long before the force field was created. After all, his mother was only human.

My mind was wondering off while preparing in the kitchen, trying to figure out what I knew so far. Jeongin's mother, a human, met his father, a werewolf. The war as we know didn't start back then, but where there already sides? Who knew. At first, the barrier wasn't there yet, meaning that was established later on. The lines of it were in the middle of the forest, the red flower line, leading to the high end of branches where it splits with the ghost territory. The boys could cross each other's territory, who knows how or why, but for the ghost side they had to break the seal with their blood. Does that mean the seal disappeared everywhere though? No clue. If I ever had the chance to get out, I should check, just in case.

The reason the war started is unknown, but it was probably getting worse because of Jeongin's mother. Though I know nothing about the relationship between the sides before, it must have been quite on edge already since the three leaders made a pact with blood to establish the wall. Jeongin's mother used to be with his father, but because he was getting abusive, she stayed at the other side, with Felix and Jisung's father, who was already married. The two other's, probably left out, had an affair, making the father so mad he returned Jeongin's mother to his father, and that's pretty much all I know before they disappeared those five years ago...

Where would I even start looking first? For more information maybe? Jeongin said Changbin wouldn't tell him more about the disappearance, meaning he probably does know something. As for the parents, maybe Jisung knows? I could always ask Chan as well if he knows anything, maybe the other's told him something. And otherwise, if I do get taken back to the other side, I could ask Felix, maybe Minho for more. I let out a content hum, finally getting it all sorted out a little. It wasn't much, but at least now I was starting to form a plan of what to do, something to keep me going.

That's it then, finding the other's it is. I'm getting out of here, I just know it. Just a little bit longer...