47 🌑

"Say, Chan," I hummed. I didn't really respond, only giving me an interested look, wrapping his arms around me again as soon as the others were out of the door. "I was wondering..." I glanced around me, resting my head in his chest after making sure the others really weren't around anymore. "What are you planning on doing now? You know, since the escape didn't work out and all..." I quickly added. Before asking him about the past and telling him about the plan, I thought I should at least hear him out.

Chan let out a short sigh, sounding rather down. "I'm honestly not sure. I really put my hope in that escape, and haven't really put much thought to what was next... especially with well, that, coming up in only four more days, I have honestly been more worried about how that was gonna go." He paused for a second, unsure of whether to explain what was about to happen or not. Even he himself didn't exactly know. "The guys have been keeping pretty quiet about it, but I'm afraid it's going to be a way bigger deal than they make out of it."

He let go of me, sitting himself down on the sofa, his head hung low. I honestly felt sorry for him. I had been so focused on my own problems that I completely forgot about what he was going through. It made me feel bad for not really being there for him. After all, weren't we best friends? Or more? Even I didn't know, but whatever we were, I shouldn't be the only one being consoled all the time.

I sat down next to him, putting my hand on top of his, which slightly surprised him, seeing how he looked up again. "Listen, I'm.... I'm sorry I haven't really been there to listen to you troubles and help you out. I feel like all you've been doing is trying to console me, since I was always making a mess, but you have a lot too going on. I don't know what exactly is about to happen in four days, for you or for me, and frankly I'm not even sure if I want to find out, but find me if you need someone to lean on okay?"

Chan smiled, his eyes becoming watery, though he tried to surpress it. "Wasn't that supposed to be my line?" he chuckled. He once more engulfed me in a hug, a tighter one this time. "I'm really glad to have you by my side, you know that right?" I laughed, hastily wiping a tear away. "Of course I know you idiot."

I'd ask him another time. From what I knew, if we wanted to figure this all out, four days would be all we had, for who knew what would happen after. I knew we'd barely have time to figure things out, but I wasn't going to let go of Chan until he did. He would always push away his hardships like it was nothing, but just for now, this was what he seemed to need. I couldn't possibly involve him in yet another problem of escaping now. I'd figure it out myself and take him with me once I knew.

Don't worry Chan, I'll get us out of here, I promise. Four more days to go.

----------

Four more days. How on earth were they getting her back in four more days? At this point it was all men to themselves, even Felix and Hyunjin hadn't talked to each other. Hyunjin was honestly getting more and more annoyed at how Felix seemed to constantly take the lead, even when they were supposed to get this over with together. How was he even supposed to trust that he'd have a say? His trust in Felix completely left, leaving him with nothing but doubt. Would he even make it on his own? And with what happened with Seungmin, he couldn't completely trust him either, though it seemed like his only option... As for Minho, he never did anyways.

Felix obviously noticed Hyunjin distancing himself. He was pretty offended, though could he really blame Hyunjin? His accusations were right after all. Hyunjin was quite gullible, the most easy one to get on your side, which is why he chose him to work together. Felix had planned it all out, and eventually, he'd get it all, though he saw this coming. Hyunjin starting to not cooperate anymore. He just had to recalibrate his plans, and fast. He wasn't going to be able to do so alone, so onto his next target... Seungmin.

Seungmin was awfully busy these days. The others hadn't really seen him around. Smart of him though, laying low. His entire plan collapsed. Minho came back too early, gave him no information or whatsoever, and neither Hyunjin nor Felix seemed to completely trust him anymore. It really gave him a wake up call though. He had been pretty reckless after all, if he wanted to do this he was going to have to be way more careful, plan more meticulously. The only thing he seemed to lack now was time... and the key to his success.

Minho was the only one who actually had a complete plan ready. He didn't need anyone for it, this he could do all on his own. He'd go out to "check the area". A lie, of course. It'd be quite tricky, considering he'd have to get himself captured again, but if Y/N would stay the night with him again, he could take her through the passage, no one would even know they were gone until it would be too late.

He got up, smiling to himself. Tonight would be the night. He'd get her back, for sure.