30 🌑

"Where are the others?" I asked almost instantly, not seeing them around. San smiled, a little pained though. "You don't have to worry about them anymore, you're with us now. They're probably fine anyways... I think," he added the last part quietly. "You think? You think? What happened to them, seriously," I lashed out, almost shocked by my own anger. I didn't know I would care that much about them. Didn't I say I didn't care where I ended up? So why would get so vexed about it?

San's smile faded for a split second, though he quickly seemed to recover himself. "I was with you the entire time, so I don't know either. But well, since you're awake, we should get moving. Hongjoong is waiting for us." He stretched his legs, already turning to the direction we were headed in, however looking back quickly. "If you really want to know what happened, Hongjoong will know. I'd suggest you ask him."

Smart move of him, I had to admit.

----------

"You guys really are lucky, you know that? If it were me, you'd be dead for sure," Wooyoung spitted out annoyed at the four outsiders. "Oh, dead like you?" Minho growled, enfuriating Wooyoung even more. He was about the hit him when Seonghwa held him back. Wooyoung rolled his eyes at his friend, still awfully annoyed. "Seriously though, I suggest you leave now," he added rather growly. They were close to the edge between their territory and that of the soulless. The only way back would be the trees again.

Well, not that they were moving much. Though they were seriously outnumbered, having almost everyone excluding Hongjoong and San in front of them, the boys weren't going to back off, no matter how hopeless it seemed, no matter how beaten up they already were.
A hostile silent atmosphere arose as no one seemed to be moving. One wrong move and it would all go bad again. That would get them no where too, but leaving? Without her? No way.

Just when Wooyoung was about to speak up again, now completely fed up, a loud cussing was heard from afar. "I told you, stay the f*ck away from me and give me some space you shithead. I don't want your stupid smell all in my air." Another voice scoffed. "Then hurry up you slow ass motherf*cker. If we keep up this tempo we won't ever get to her in time. Now I don't care about your guys, they can go ahead and do whatever, but I'm taking her back with me. That is, if you would just F*CKING MOVE!"

Both Changbin and Minho had smirks appear on their faces, for the first time agreeing on one thing. Glad to have each other there. "You know, if you dumbasses could stop arguing and help us out here, that would actually help more," Changbin called out to the arguing twins, earning several gasps from somewhere close between the trees. "Changbin!" Jisung called out relieved, instantly hurrying up to him. "Oh, and NOW you can go faster," Felix marked sarcastically.

As soon as they spotted each other, they jumped down, glaring at the boys in front of them. Or well, Jisung at least. Felix and Hyunjin kept staring at Minho in disbelief. "Woah, our Seungminnie really deceived us good... I can't believe you're alive," Hyunjin spoke with a sinister laugh. Minho looked at him rather bewildered, all eyes turning to Seungmin, who was sweating like crazy at this point. How was he supposed to get out of this?

"I don't want to say much, but this doesn't seem like the time for you guys to argue," Chan interrupted, relieving Seungmin from all the attention, yet not glancing back at him at all. Seungmin stared at Chan in front of him, unsure of how to feel. Of course he was thankful, knowing all too well Chan purposely helped him out, but he couldn't help but notice the enormous gap that had gotten between them. The close friendship they had, in which they would sacrifice it all for each other, seemed so close yet so far at the same time. And because of what? That time in which he didn't want to let Y/N go to Chan? It had definitely create an unsettling feeling between the two.

"Are you guys done arguing amongst yourselves or what?" Yeosang questioned. The other side seemed impatient, uneasy, annoyed to say the least. Their advantage of number had just disappeared, it had been turned around even. Without Hongjoong and San around, they were really just outnumbered. Worst of all, the confidence of the eight guys had only gotten way stronger. Though they still despised one another, combined they really were the strongest. That, until their goal wasn't united anymore. Until Y/N was in bad hands, they would for sure stick together, but after? That could only go wrong.

Minho spoke up, him and Changbin exchanging nods before slowly walking towards the six. "So, is this going to go down or what?"

----------

"Hongjoong? I brought her," San called out as the two of us had reached the beach, out of the woods. I could barely believe my eyes, almost glad to see that there was an exit out of the woods after all. I looked to the sides, seeing nothing else but the beach and forest slowly going over into each other. No sign of anyone else, or any proof of life. Was this still no way home? Even after all the years of going to the same summer camp, I couldn't remember a beach being so close. It almost felt like I entered a different dimention.

Hongjoong turned around, his gaze falling on me with a content smile. "I'll take it from here, you go check up on the others if everything worked out." San seemed to hesitate to let me out of his sight, but upon seeing Hongjoongs gaze slightly turn threatening he instantly agreed. His eyes lingered on me for a second, so lovingly upon seeing me happily gaze around. The way you'd stare at your crush or lover. I finally looked back at him, trying to figure out what it was that made me feel so weirded out around him. Or rather, why he was acting so weird around me.

San left without saying a word, leaving me and Hongjoong alone, a shiver running down my spine. He had this aura of authority, something about him that just instantly showed his high status. Maybe it was the way he gracefully and confidently stood and stared, or maybe the way he spoke, but he definitely wasn't someone you should go against.

"Y/N," he finally spoke to me, looking me straight in my eyes, "I want to introduce you to your future home," he continued, as slowly an enormous ship started to appear out of thin air.