18 🌑

"Why didn't you just tell me later? Or at least try to come find me?" Jisung yelled, completely in rage. It was pretty clear that they had never talked it out. Felix took his arm off of me, pulling me behind him. "I tried, but who was the one to get me locked up after? You! Who was the one who wouldn't even give me a chance to explain and instantly got me thrown into your stupid basement for nearly a month? You, so if you're going to tell her don't you dare leave out that part!"

Jisung stormed off, hitting Felix with all his might, then grabbing his collar. "The guy that tried to kill me comes by, to the guy he called an easy kill, and I'm suddenly supposed to trust you?" Felix pushed Jisungs arms off him, hitting him back. "Then you should have just let me go! You wanted an explanation, I gave you one. It was up to you whether you wanted to believe it or not, but there was no reason for you to let them lock me up! I got lucky I was rescued, but if anything worse had happened it would have all been your fault!"

I wasn't even listening anymore. My head was spinning, but my legs started moving by themselves. I just had to get out of here, away from them, and now was my chance. They didn't even pay attention to me anymore anyways. I stormed off again, very soon finding and following the line where Chan and I got caught. The more I ran, the closer I got to the huge pile of branches, the one we struggled with before.

Back then I never really thought about it, but this seemed to be a blockade or something, indicating that this wasn't usually crossed. Could I finally be left alone if I got over this? There was only one way to find out. I started climbing, falling and getting back up in the process. I finally got to the top, seeing nothing but the forest reaching endlessly far away. Would there be another way out? If I kept on running, would I run off the world someday?

I shook my head. As I almost got to the ground I sat down on the branches, my feet dangling in the air. It looked like someone had been here before since it was all flattened out at this specific spot. I looked up to the sky. It was cloudy, yet still hot, making the air feel like it was suffocating. It felt like my throat was burning, I couldn't seem to breathe. The fact that tears were welling up wasn't helping either.

I let out a yell, throwing one of the sticks far away on the ground. I looked up at the sky, trying to stop the tears from falling, but I soon turned into a crying mess. The only hope I had of getting out was a complete failure. Pretty much the only thing that kept me going was now lost. Would I ever even see everyone back at home? Could I even still call it home if I'd never be able to go back?

Felix was probably right. The only home I'd have from now on was either with Seungmin or with Chan, and both places were far from ideal. I looked straight ahead again, past all the trees, blooming almost too beautifully, though you could see some leaves change color already. Couldn't I just live on my own, behind all these branches? I laughed to myself, imagining living in a tree house or anything, picking berries, maybe finding some sort of spring to drink from.

Maybe the worst part was that part of me was actually considering it. I stood up, slowly descending the branches. "Oh please tell me it's not true," a voice suddenly called. Shit, did anyone hear me? "Y/N, that's not you is it?" he called out again. His voice sounded vaguely familiar, but I couldn't really recognize it.

"Leave me alone," I shouted back, stopping my tracks. I could hear him curse under his breath. "Y/N, where exactly are you standing right now?" Why would he care? "Who are you anyways?" He let out a sigh. "It's Jeongin, but please answer the question Y/N, it's seriously important!" Why was he sounding so desperate? "On this stupid pile of branches, what does it even matter?"

"Thank goodness, stay there, I'm coming to get you, it'll be alright!" It would have been alright if he'd leave me alone. "Don't bother, I'm gonna go!" I shouted back. Before I could even set another step forward Jeongin had grabbed my wrist. "You can't, seriously." I glared at him, trying to get out of his grip, but with no luck. "Let me go!" I shouted at him, but he wouldn't budge.

"What's up with you? Seriously, just let me go!" At this point living on my own here sounded like the way better option already. "Why, do you want to die or something?" Jeongin shouted back, slightly startling me. "Why are you getting so upset? What's up with you? I won't die just because of some forest. If I survived this long with all of you, living here will be easy," I sneered back at him.

He rolled his eyes, getting a rather small stick from the pile. "You want to know why? Look at this." He threw it, just like I did before, but a lot closer, so that I could actually see where it landed. It didn't even make a thud as it landed, yet somehow seemed to have disappeared instantly with some sort of shadow, almost floating above the ground. I stepped back, falling right on my butt on the branches. "What the heck was that?" Jeongin finally let go of me, sitting down right next to me.

"Say, do you believe in ghosts?"