4 🌑

"Chan!" I yelled desperately upon finding myself alone in the room again. I hurriedly put on my clothes, storming downstairs. Only the younger boy was in sight, looking at me like a confused puppy. I ran up to him, literally shaking his whole body. "What did you do to Chan! Where is he?" I asked as tears took over me once again.

"He had to leave" he simply said in a hushed voice. I wanted to leave, to run outside and find him, but the boy turned me around, spinning me into his arms in which he engulfed me. "Listen, I really understand you don't want to be here, but if you try to get away there's no telling what Minho will do. I can't help you escape, but at least let me help you survive in here." I was honestly shocked, not sure of what to say or do, but still tried to fight my way out of his arms. "Why would you help me in the first place? How could you possibly know what this feels like?"

He let out a sigh, slowly letting go again. "Because I'm the guy from summer camp that went missing, Kim Seungmin." My mouth fell open, and he continued. "Judging from your reaction I guess you've heard the stories. I was foolish like you, thinking it'd be fun to just sneak out, but I got lost, and couldn't find a way out, then got trapped by Minho, and that's how I ended up here."

"But...Are you..." I couldn't even ask him, not sure how. Seungmin noticed, a sad smile forming. "Yeah, I'm a vampire now... Not exactly what I had in mind for doing the rest of my life, but I guess there's not much to do about it now." I finally stopped fighting, just letting him hug me. He was the one Chan told me about.

"How did you even get through this?" I asked softly, suddenly feeling so much empathy for him, even though I barely knew anything about him. "I didn't. I still feel like I'm struggling every single day. I just feel like I don't belong anywhere anymore. I don't belong here, or at home, I'll just be treated like an outsider everywhere I go."

I felt a tear fall on my shoulder, but he simply continued talking, not wanting his emotions to get the best of him. "Ever since I got here I didn't know what to do anymore. I simply sit in my room all the time, waiting for time to pass, waiting for a new day to come, only to wait for the next again and hope anything changes at all, for something or someone to come and brighten my day even a little... But maybe I'm asking for too much. Maybe it won't ever happen."

I shook my head, a tear rolling over my cheeks now. Seungmin pulled away a little, worry spread over all of his face. "Wait I'm sorry, I didn't mean to burden you, you must already be terrified right now, freak, I only made it worse." I vigorously shook my head. "That's not it... I mean, yes, I'm terrified and definitely want to go home, but you should too! Is there really no way to get you out of here?"

Seungmin sadly looked down. "Once you get into these woods there's no getting out. I've tried thousands of times, but we're stuck in here forever. I don't know how or why, but every time I try to find a way out I simply end up back here... Or at the edge."

The edge..."Is that where they've taken Chan? We have to go there, we need to get him out of there!! You know it's horrible here, so please just let me get him before they do anything to him!" Seungmin stayed quiet for a while, making me more anxious by the second. "Come on, talk to me!"

"It's too late" he simply stated. My eyes grew wider, tears falling down over and over again. "What...do you mean?" He couldn't be...gone right? Seungmin let out a huge sigh. "He's not dead or anything, so don't worry about that... The higher ups made a deal, Chan would get one more night with you, but only if he surrendered to those guys... Basically he's one of them now, that was the deal."

"So... I'll never see him again will I?" Seungmin wiped a tear from my face, caressing my cheek. "I think it would be best to forget about him...I'll make you forget about him, don't worry." His hand moved to the back of my head, pulling me a little closer as he started stroking my hair. "It might all seem horrible, but we'll get through this together... I can't let go through the same as I did, so I'll be here for you... Now and forever."

"Well, not now, because you're going with me Seungmin, now" a very familiar voice rang, startling the both of us. "Minho, you're back..." Seungmin said, feeling caught. "Listen, we'll talk later, for now you have to go, quickly." Seungmin instantly let go of me, walking up to Minho, who turned to me. "You go to your room until this is over, we'll be back." In the blink of an eye, they were gone with the wind.

I simply stood there, watching the door slowly close. I heard a sound upstairs, seeing another boy 'looking' my age. "Hurry, get up here" he shouted, running to me and practically dragging me in my room. He closed the door behind us, locking it from the inside.

As if things weren't bad enough, the window broke, shattering in a thousand pieces. I could see two guys, a slender boy with chubby cheeks and a freckled boy, literally flying over as they hit each other with all their might. The boy next to me pulled me behind him as another guy I recognized went down the window into the room."Changbin" Hyunjin growled in disgust. "Hi Hyunjin, it's been a while" Changbin said with a smirk.

Hyunjin put his arm in front of me. "Stay behind me Y/N, things are going to get a bit messy over here."