59 🌑

Even though it was dark, the moon illuminated the way through the forest, the line of red flowers lightening up like a path leading the way. For the first time this forest actually looked beautiful to me. Had I just been able to roam around without all that had happened, maybe I would have seen the beauty of the place earlier, but now it all had just seemed like a prison keeping me from the outside world. A beautiful prison that was, apparently. Were the flowers always shining this bright? Or was it because of the full moon enchanting the forest?

Even the pile of branches looked beautiful as moss seemed to have grown over them. It was as if the entire surroundings had become romanticized. Was that all part of the now changing season? I looked up at the countless of stars, followed by the moon. That was today, wasn't it? It really did make it all look like the place for a romance movie, that certainly wasn't a lie, though romance wasn't exactly on my mind. Well, besides thinking of Chan and Seungmin that was. No matter what was about to happen, I had to take the both of them out of here. The rest of the story we would figure out later.

I slowly walked down as soon as I reached to top of the pile again, only inches away from the ground. It was covered in black shadows, all crawling closer and closer to the edge. With them all moving so fast it truly did look rather terrifying if you thought about it. Tons of lost souls trying reach your body to win over.

"Butterfly?" a familiar voice called out. The shadows were instantly moving away as San showed himself, looking rather majestic in the moonlight, as if he was actually glowing. "What are you doing here? Did you run away again?" His voice sounded soft like honey, much different than before. Did the season change him too in some way? Or was my brain being tricked in finding him more attractive? Is this what the season did to you? I thought it only effected those who were born in this forest, but maybe I thought wrong.

"I'm looking for a woman named Kang Yejun. I read in her diary that she would be waiting here for someone to help her out." Though San did seem somewhat shocked at first, he quickly went back to his sweet smile. "I see, so the time has finally come hasn't it?" Ah, that means he knew about it too, didn't he? I nodded, reaching my hand out to the barrier, feeling a slight shock. "Wasn't it lifted the last time? I thought the other's all got through as well?" San nodded. "It was, but as the pendant was not taken out of this place when they broke the promise, it reestablished itself, this time the only way to lift it was if a human soul took it, meaning you, Seungmin or Chan."

So they can still get through here? That would be perfect. We could look for a place from here if things all failed. "How is everyone doing? Are you still trying to sail out?" San's smile slowly faded. "We have all decided to quit that. With Hongjoong no longer here our fate is now lost. As our promise hereby ends, tonight is the our last night before we disappear." The poor guys. I truly did feel sorry for them after all that had happened.

San reached out his hand, his smile back on his face again. "Will you do me the honors and let me accompany you to her on our last night?" I slowly smiled, taking his hand and stepping through the boundary. No shadows were seen anymore, as they had all fled from San before. Just to be sure he lifted me up, carrying me like a bride, passing trees one by one. I held the diary against me, hearing my name from behind me over and over again, but it couldn't bother me anymore. This really was about to be the end.

----------

"What are you waiting for, hurry up and get through!" Jisung shouted at Changbin as they watched the boy and girl right in front of them leave slowly. Changbin looked sullen as he watched them leave, shaking his head. "Once the seal was broken without the end of the war, it was to be never opened again by our hands. That was the deal." Jisung's eyes widened. They had used up their only chance they had to get Y/N back before, the only chance to ever get into the place? "Well, then end the damned war!"

The two instantly turned around as they heard a branch crack. "What are you doing out here?" Changbin asked, putting Jisung behind him as he saw Minho right in front of him. Minho ran up to the two, but much to their surprise pushing them both aside to see Y/N leave. "Why didn't you stop her earlier!?" he shouted furiously, punching the barrier over and over again. "Y/N, Y/N, come back! It's not safe for you!"

In a matter of seconds everyone had gathered, all watching Minho bang on the invisible wall, with actual tears in his eyes. He turned around, his eyes flaming. "Who did it? Who gave her the diary? We made a deal to never show that to anyone!" Minho shouted, his eyes landing on Changbin. "It was you, wasn't it! We agreed you would keep it safe the day they disappeared!" Before Changbin could protest, Jeongin walked up to the rest, his face rested, his mind calm.

"I did."