12 🌑

Chan hesitated with answering, only making me more worried, even suspicious. The silence just confirmed there was an actual reason for it. So I was right after all. I wished he'd instantly denied it, saying that he just wanted to be with me for longer, do something crazy together, that that was all, but it wasn't. There was more, there was a reason why we were here, and he never told me.

Then it hit me. "It's Seungmin isn't it?" It all fit. Chan went to this camp much longer than I had, Seungmin going to this camp before, for all I knew they knew each other! That'd explain why they didn't attack each other either. Chan finally gave in with a nod. "Why didn't you tell me about the real reason? I could have at least prepared myself mentally... I don't think it's fair." Chan looked down rather guilty.

"I'm sorry, I really am" he mumbled. "I thought you'd never come with me if I told you the real reason." I sighed. He was probably right. If I had known I'd get caught by vampires and werewolves and get stuck in this stupid forest, I'd definitely not have come along.

"How did you two meet?" I asked eventually, trying to ignore everything else. I hated being mad at Chan. "It was about two years ago maybe? I snuck out back then as well on the first night, about to go into the forest as well when I suddenly saw him... At first he warned me, telling me to never go in there. Before I could even ask why I heard someone behind me. When I turned back to the forest, Seungmin was already gone."

Chan let out a deep sigh. "After that I went every single night, back to the exact same spot right in front of the forest, trying to find him. Every single night, he came back, and we talked for hours. He told me what happened to him and how he could never come out again. That's when I swore to break him out, no matter what. I thought that maybe, just maybe, there was a way to save him."

I shook my head, stopping Chan. "I get that, but why take me with you? If you knew we'd get stuck in here, if you knew it was so dangerous, why would you take me with you?" I tried to get out of his grip, but he only held me tighter. His eyes were so full of regret, it was as if he could cry right here, right now. "I thought that even if things went wrong, at least we'd be together, but I lost you. I thought I lost you for good!"

There they were. The tears, spilling on his cheeks. I hesitantly hugged him, not sure what else to do. Yes, I was still mad at him, but the thought of losing him forever? That was something I wouldn't be able to bare. Meaning, if he went alone, I would have chased after him anyways. I still loved him with all my heart, but my trust? That was something he'd have to earn back.

A knock sounded, the door opening shortly after. "Chan?" an unfamiliar voice sounded. Chan shot up, looking back at the door. "Jeongin" he answered, quickly wiping his tears away. "Changbin told me to come get you" he briefly said, looking at me with unease. I instinctively sat back a little, behind Chan, who sadly got up just as quick. He turned back to me with a sad smile, his fingertips grazing over my cheek. "I'll be back as soon as I can, okay? I love you" was all he said before leaving the room with Jeongin, closing the door again to leave nothing but darkness.

----------

Seungmin was pacing around in Y/N's room out of frustration. He couldn't go on his own, that was for sure, yet there was no way Minho would let any of the other's go, let alone come along himself. The longer Y/N was gone, the worse his mood got. The worse his anger got at just the idea of Chan touching the person he loved most, kissing her, or even more.

"Seung, you okay there dude?" A voice called out from behind him, making him stop his tracks. Felix and Hyunjin were standing right behind him, the door closed. Seungmin just let out a groan. He didn't have to answer, they knew very well he wasn't. Felix sat down on the bed, crossing his legs and leaning back. "Listen, I know you wanna go get her, but with Minho out here watching everything we do, there's no way we can go."

Seungmin grabbed the nearest thing he could find, a glass statuette, and threw it on the ground with all his might, shattering it into a thousand pieces. "You think I don't know that? If you came in here just to tell me I can't get her back, get out." Hyunjin clicked his tongue, shaking his head with a smirk. "You poor boy, if only you knew better." Seungmin instantly turned back to Hyunjin. He could easily see the two were up to something.

"What are you talking about?" he asked warily. Hyunjin quickly glanced at the door, making sure Minho wasn't there listening. "We want to help you get Y/N. We'll go with you to distract the others so you can get Y/N, how does that sound?" Seungmin wished he could instantly say yes to whatever it was they were planning behind his back if it meant he could get Y/N back, but he shouldn't. He couldn't be careless.

"And what do you want in return?" Felix chuckled. "It's nothing big, it's just a small, small favor. You'll do that for us in return, wouldn't you? Because after all, that's what friends are for, right?" Working on his consciousness. Smart move. Seungmin sighed. "Fine, just tell me what to do." Hyunjin and Felix glanced at each other, both nodding.

"We need you to silence Minho, for good."