xviii.

Sakura was panting. She just woke up from a nightmare, the nightmare from the past, a nightmare of the could've been if Kana did not wake up in the body of Sakura Haruno, if Kana never ended up as the Sakura Haruno. She clenched her fists, her face was pale.

I'm sorry, I took your place, it was inevitable. I never imagined that I would become you in the first place, I was with my dying grandma when I too, died, a death worthy of being called a hero but was it worth it? To be honest, it was, I found a place, a place that I could treasure and call my own for the first time with the people I love, with the people I treasured the most. Maybe this too, is inevitable, being far from them, being in an unknown universe. My destiny, my lifeline is inevitable. I became you and now, I'm paying for it. The hurt and helplessness I'm feeling for being apart from them for such a long time. If it's a life like this, I don't want it at all, it's scary, the part where I am hopeless against the fight with destiny. Is this what I am really living for?

Sakura, tell me, is this it? Is this my punishment and your wrath for taking your place? she thought, blaming her self, for hurting the people she loved, for leaving them, for being away from them. She was sitting on her bed, feeling colder by the minute, feeling the hopelessness through her entire being.

Sakura shook her head and stood up, she went to the rest room, washed her face with cold water, to make herself wake up, wake up from reality.

"Fool. I am Sakura Haruno and no one's going to take that away from me. From the very beginning, it was destiny that brought me to this body. The body that I trained so hard to become a figure of strength and power, for inspiring others, for loving, for giving warmth. It was all me. Why did I waver just now? Fool, fucking fool, I am Sakura Haruno. I was born and destined to be Sakura Haruno." she said with determination, it was written on her beautiful face, she was just in her underwear and a loose polo, her signature sleeping wear.

After contemplating for a few minutes, she began to take the shower, she just let her self be, to cool her wavering heart

After contemplating for a few minutes, she began to take the shower, she just let her self be, to cool her wavering heart. She had a smile on her beautiful face, she was thinking about her past, the training from Zabuza, Kakashi Hatake, Might Guy, Tsunade Senju, Hiruzen, and Jiraiya. She thought about those times where she made mistakes with Naruto, Sasuke, and Haku and was scolded by their mentors. She let out a giggle and then sighed. After she finished showering, she went straight to the kitchen and made her breakfast, she was still in her towel but she did not care, it was her daily routine. She would eat breakfast before dressing up, it was an awkward routine for others but for her, it was just normal.

And just like that, she immediately went to the U.A Academy.