Chapter 16 - An Unlikely Savior

a/n- if you haven't already seen Hyper's updated costume here it is.

Elias/Hyper's POV

The electricity coursing through my body was all to familiar, which seemed to only make the pain more unbearable. Screams ripped through my throat as I thrashed my body around in a desperate attempt to escape the pain. It was no use.

I watched as my blood was carried through the needles and collected into a device outside of the pod.

For a moment I wondered if this was it. Damn, thats disappointing. I would have preferred to die at the hands of a higher-class villain, but I guess not. Then, just as I was about to accept my fate, a door was bashed in by a familiar (not entirely liked) face.

There in the doorway a very angry Superboy stood, you could practically see the waves of anger radiating off his body. I could only pray that he was here to save us from our demise, since we dont exactly have the best relationship with him.

Without a word he stormed towards the scientist and Guardian and tossed them harshly into the wall.

"Dont give me orders! he seethed at them before approaching us. He destroyed the control panel and the electrifying pain slowly vanished. I heaved as I regained my breath, shooting a grateful smile at the clone.

With a grunt of effort, I saw Robin fall from the restraints, rubbing his wrists while complaining about how Batman would have killed him for taking so long to free himself. I couldnt help but roll my eyes and chuckle.

"Seriously, that's what you're worried about?" Wally asked as we continued to stare at the Boy Wonder and his strange antics.

"Don't worry, I'm pretty sure the whole league is gonna kill us when we get back." I add with a lopsided smile.

"Yeah, you're right on that part. You get Aqualad and Hyper, I'll free Kid Mouth." Rob said to Superboy as he made his way to Wallys pod.

"Don't give me orders either!" Superboy commanded as he approached us and freed Aqualad from his restraints.

"Thank you." I heard Aqualad tell Superboy, who quickly began to release me.

"Yeah, thanks for coming back for us. Im sure we all got off on the wrong foot," I told him with a kind smile as he smashed the cuffs on my wrists. I landed on the ground with a thud, and he offered me a hand to stand. I took it and gave him another smile, which shockingly returned.

"Glad thats over now, I really thought I was going to die a virgin," I state while rubbing my wrists and joining my now freed teammates. Rob snickered at the comment while Wally smirked slightly.

"You down to change that when we get outta here?" Wally inquired and I scoffed at his proposal.

"Thats if we can even get outta here, we still have to find a way to get out before the other freaks start coming after us again," I replied, gently reminding him of the situation at hand.

As if on cue, the scientist man rose spoke, "You won't escape. I'll have you back in pods by morning!" We all took that as our sign to get a move on, and immediately made a run for the door.

"This guy is not whelmed, not whelmed at all." Rob said as he threw his grenades at the container carrying our stolen blood, easily destroying any last piece of DNA they had acquired.

"Seriously what's with you and this whelmed thing?" Wally asked while we all bolted out into the hallway.

3rd POV

The heroes raced through the building, trying to navigate their way through the labyrinth still deep below the surface.

"We are still 42 levels underground but if we can make it to the elevator-" Aqualad shouted to the team but before he could finish giant G-morphs emerged from the hallways beside the elevator.

"Uh oh." Hyper muttered quietly as they all quickly turned around to go back, more G-morphs rapidly spawning from the eggs along the walls. The giant G-morphs slowly closed in on them. One raised their arms to smash down on the teens, but they were quick to scatter out of the way.

Hyper urgently twisted and turned to avoid the monsters, while simultaneously trying to deal some damage to them. Superboy threw punches at the larger G-morphs and slammed them against the walls, which worked initially but it also caused the roof to start caving in.

"Superboy our plan is to escape not get crushed!" Aqualad shouted to him and Superboy fumed at his opponents.

"You want escape?!" He yelled before tossing one of the G-morphs into the group of them, allowing time to come up with a plan.

Aqualad quickly opened the elevator door with his strength and Superboy picked him up while Robin grabbed Kid Flash and Hyper. They began their ascent, but after a minute the clone began freefalling. Luckily, Robin was able to catch him and Aqualad.

"Superman can fly. Why can't I?" He questioned in a confused tone.

"Dunno but you can leap over tall building in a single bound." Kid Flash said hoping to cheer him up, though it was unsuccessful.

"I think this has to be our stop." Aqualad spoke calmly as he saw the elevator begin to come down at high speeds from above them.

They all rushed out of the elevator shaft and onto a floor, watching the elevator rush down past them.

"We don't have much time I think they're onto us. Let's go!" Hyper ushered them and they all ran quickly, searching for an escape as they knew the scientists would soon be on their tail.

"Ok um where to now?" Hyper asked as they finally came to a stop. Suddenly Superboy began to speak and told them where to go.

They made various twists and turns down the hallways following Superboy's directions, but they soon regretted it when they came to a dead end.

"Are you trying to get us captured again?" Kid yelled at Superboy who had a very confused expression on his face.

"I-I don't understand." Superboy said calmly.

"Don't apologise, this is perfect!" Robin suddenly shouted in relief, the rest of the team did not understand the reason for excitement at first, but Hyper soon got the idea and groaned.

"Really? The vent?" She said in a monotone voice, clearly unimpressed with the idea of climbing into a vent to escape.

"It's our only choice." He said as he pulled the vent down and they climbed in. Hyper climbed in after Kid and followed closely behind him, until she inhaled the scent of their surroundings and immediately gagged.

"Oh my god it reeks in here." Hyper whispered as she plugs her nose and continues to crawl through the vent. "Kid was that you?" She says, causing him to laugh lightly.

"Lucky for you it wasnt, or you'd all be dead." Kid Flash jokes and she rolls her eyes.

"Everyone shut up." Superboy spoke seriously after a few minutes of crawling, they stopped only to hear claws scraping the metal of the vent. They all realised the G-morphs were close behind them.

"Go, go, go!!" Hyper whisper yells as they all rushed to find the exit of the vent with the enemy on their tails

here's another update yall, the story's moving kind slow atm but I'll do my best to speed things up a bit. also tysm for 2.5k reads! that's so coolll I remember when this story only had like 110 reads anyways-

til next time <3