Chapter 25 - Finishing the Job

Elias's POV

I revert back to consciousness as I feel someone gently shaking my shoulder, when my vision focuses I realize that Wally is leaning over me. I sit up with a groan and immediately bring a hand to my temple.

"Shit...so that wasn't Red Tornado huh?" I ask him with a lopsided smile and he lets out a breathy chuckle while helping me to my feet.

"Yeah...Miss M made a bad guess," he mumbles while gesturing to the side, I look over to see Meghan crouched while the rest of our team seems to scold her. I frown in sympathy.

"Well...at least we know we weren't being played with," I reply somewhat optimistically, which was true. If Mister Twister is actual a villain, then we have a real mission to take care of. Although with the tension among the team at the moment, I doubt it'll be an easy task.

"Miss M is gonna wait here at the ship while me and the guys take care of Twister. You look pretty beat up, I was thinkin' you should probably stay with her too," Wally says suddenly as he stands up to walk away, immediately I raise an eyebrow in offense.

"Excuse me? You're gonna bench me? Since when were you in any place to tell me what to do," I reply as I poke a finger at his chest, immediately wincing as a pain shoots up through my shoulder.

"Just...listen to me please, I don't want to see you get hurt, El," he replies sincerely and I roll my eyes.

"I'm not a child, Wally. Whatever, just go. I'm sure you guys are so competent that you can handle this by yourselves," I say sarcastically as I brush him off and make my way to Meghan, who was seated on the grass. She had her arms wrapped around her knees as I sat beside her.

"I just...wanted to be apart of the team," she broke the silence in a disheartened tone. I couldn't help but sigh deeply at her words.

"Yeah, this 'team' is a bit of a shit show to be honest," I reply simply as I watch the boys disappear in the direction Twister left. I was still sour at the fact that Wally underestimated me, I hate being considered weak.

"Well...I doubt they will be coming back. I suppose we should alert Red Tornado about the situation," Meghan suggested quietly as she opened the Bio Ship and began walking, I followed closely behind her.

"So excited to tell him our first mission ended up dividing the team," I mumble sarcastically to myself as I take a seat on a chair, immediately being secured into place. Meghan dialed up Tornado and shortly after, his face appeared on a projection in front of us. She took the liberty of explaining the situation, he of course maintained his same monotone expression the whole time.

"Red Tornado, the team could really use your help," Meghan suggested and after a moment of silence Tornado replied.

"If I were to intervene, it would not be to help," he replied simply. "Though, I do find it oddly coincidental that this 'Twister' and I share similar elemental abilities and immunities."

Almost as if his words completed a puzzle in Meghan's brain, she suddenly lit up with realization. "Hello, Meghan! I know how we can take down, Twister! Thank you Red Tornado, we will return to the Mountain shortly," she declared proudly before ending the call.

"Wait what? What are we doing?" I asked, no catching on to Meghan's groundbreaking idea that she has yet to tell me.

"I'll explain in a minute, first we need to get a hold of the team," she announces, immediately changing the course of the ship to loop back around in the direction we came from.

"Uh, we don't have communications set up yet...unless you're planning to use your telepathy," I reply as I readjust my goggles over my face.

"I think I'll have to, this is urgent," she admits with a somewhat guilty expression on her face.