Chapter 20 - Excessive Use of Sarcasm

a/n - i'm gonna start putting Elias' outfits for the chapter for you guys to see <3

3rd POV

After Elias had gotten ready for the day and eaten the Pizza Pops Wally so kindly prepared for her, the two spent the day doing nothing basically. Considering it was the weekend and they were waiting the three days for Batman to decide the fate of the teens, they had nothing to do.

Hours had passed and it was already the late afternoon, Elias had grown irritated from the uneventful day whereas Wally was happily passed out on Barry's couch. She sat on the floor in front of the couch, staring thoughtlessly at the TV in on the wall. She glanced over at Wally and huffed in annoyance at his lack of reaction (since he was sleeping) before abruptly standing from the ground.

"Wally get your ass up, we're going out!" She shouted at him as she smacked his forehead and he shot up in surprise, still half asleep.  

"Huh what? Going out?" He mumbled in confusion and she rolled her eyes while he fixed his bedhead.

"Yes going out, you've been sleeping all day let's go do something!" She exclaimed as she yanks him from the couch by his arms and her stumbles to his feet.

"Well what are we doing then?" Wally asked as he readjusted his clothing and stretched his arms.

"Let's go to the mall, I've got some cash and I need a new jacket cause I ripped mine during the last training session," she replied and Wally immediately groaned at her answer.

​​​​"Ugh clothes shopping? We're gonna be out forever!" He complains before flopping back onto the couch.

"You're one to talk, who took 2 hours buying food last time we went out, hm?" She teases with an eyebrow raised and Wally narrows his eyes.

"Fair enough. I'll go with you, just don't do too much window shopping please."

"No promises hah," she replied before messing up his hair again and bolting upstairs to grab her stuff. Wally groaned at his messy hair and attempted to fix it again. After he did his best to tame his bedhead Barry walked into the room.

"Oh you're still here?" Barry jokes as he notices Wally seated lazily on the coach. Wally laughs sarcastically while rolling his eyes at his mentor.

"Yeah, but apparently I'm about to go shopping with Elias."

"Oh, have fun with that then, haha," Barry replies before turning off the TV that Elias left on and taking a seat on the coach beside Wally.

"Thanks, you're so encouraging," Wally responds with thorough sarcasm in his tone while he stands from the couch again.

"It's a good thing she's making you get up. I was going to kick you out of my house for being such a lazy ass all day." Barry comments as he places his feet onto the coffee table in front of the couch. "Plus this'll be an opportunity for you to figure out what she likes for future presents, or whatever."

"Yeah great." Wally replies sarcastically as he leans against the wall lazily while staring into space.

"Well, you gonna go get ready or sit there lookin stoned? Leave already so I can take a nap," Barry orders as he waves his hand slightly signaling for Wally to leave. He groans in annoyance before trudging up the stairs to find Elias.

He heads towards Elias's room before stopping to knock at her door. "Ell you coming?" He questions jokingly as he waits to hear an annoyed mumble or some reply but after a second he heard nothing and began to get worried. "Elias? You good?" He asks in concern.