Chapter 3- Distrust

Several months had passed since the lab incident and I was released from the hospital shortly after my awakening. The nurses there were shocked to see how fast I was able to recover, considering I had come into the hospital with severe burns.

According to them I should've been permanently scarred, but miraculously I haven't got a single mark left on my skin from that day.

At least there's one thing I can look on the bright side of, amongst the hellish amount of things in the dark.

In the months since the incident I have yet to see a single one of my friends or anyone outside of my family. My dad had gone into godly overprotective mode and won't let me do anything without adult supervision, which I mean is kind of fair considering what happened before, but it's still super excessive!

I had to start working out at home to try and avoid becoming a limp noodle due to muscle deterioration. This whole isolation situation was really messing with my mentality.

Since I basically went MIA my friends stopped bothering to contact me, not that they did before hand either. Guess it puts things into perspective of who's really worth sticking around with.

With my lack of acquaintances and my school plan messed up, there was really nothing left for me here. I couldn't find the motivation to get back up and pursue my goals, things were just too fucked up at this point.

I'm guessing my parents could see my depressive episodes over the past month and they decided that we needed a big change of scene.

That change of scene was something along the lines of packing all of our belongings and hauling our asses to Whistler.

A part of me was relieved to leave behind all these bad memories but another part was worried something worse will happen if we move.

Today was one of the last few days we were spending packing up to move. All the moving vans were lined up outside our house ready to drag all our crusty ass furniture to a new place.

If you know me, you'd know I like to work smarter, not harder. In this scenario that involves carrying three large boxes all at once to the moving van.

Might not be working harder but it certainly wasn't smart. My dumb ass couldn't see a thing from behind the stacked boxes so I simply had to rely on my other senses to help me cross the street to the moving vans.

Way to go Elias, what an absolutely intelligent decision you've made.

Things were going pretty smoothly as I slowly waddled across the street, I began to congratulate myself for saving sooo much time by doing this.
Until a breeze picked up, and by a breeze I mean a big ass gust of wind.

Next thing I knew two out of three of the boxes were on the floor and I was disappointed. I bent down to retrieve the boxes and get anything that had fallen out, I guess I was a little too focused on the situation at hand that I forgot where I was.

The road. Right smack dab in the middle of the road. Like I said, way to go Elias.

"Elias! Move!" My brother's voice pulled my focus from the boxes and brought it back to my surroundings. I hadn't noticed until it was too late that a car was coming full speed my way, damn distracted drivers.

"Huh, so this is how I die. That's trash, would've been cooler if I died in the lab fire," I thought to myself as the car came my way. Then time seemed to slow, except it wasn't like those action seems where everything is just put in slow-mo to look cool.