Chapter 29 - Debriefing

3rd POV

Shortly after Red Tornado had made the announcement on the mountain speakers, the two girls emerged from Elias's room, with Superboy arriving close behind them. The three heroes entered the Mission Room where the red android was waiting already.

Elias was quick to make conversation with Superboy, "hey! What've you been up to all day? We barely saw you?" she asks in a lighthearted manner. The clone doesn't respond with the same energy, barely giving her a glance as he looks at her from the corner of his eye.

"Nothing," he says gruffly and Elias instantly grimaces at his standoffish demeanor. She wanted to do what she could to break through is harsh wall, its the least she could do if they were going to be teammates for the long run.

"Oh...well next time you should hang out with Meghan and I! We might as well get along if we're going to be living together," she suggests simply and he spares a glance her way. "Plus, I can help teach both of you about more Earth customs and culture!"

Superboy seems to nod in agreement in his own curt way, and Elias and Meghan both silently cheer at their small bit of progress towards befriending him. Their casual banter was soon brought to an end when the two Zeta Tubes in the Mission Room illuminated in their familiar bright glow as the rest of their team along with their mentors all entered the Mountain.

Elias's eyes immediately lit up at the sight of Wally and Barry, especially Barry since it was one of the first times in over three years she had spent away from her mentor. In a flurry of excitement she ran over and embraced him in a tight hug, forcing the air form his lungs as she lifted him slightly off the ground.

"Woah, I didn't think you'd ever be so excited to see me? Did I fail my job as a mentor?" Barry joked with a wheeze and Elias continued restricting his abdomen. She eventually let him down, giving him a moment to catch his breath and grasp his chest.

"Oi, what about me?" Wally protested jokingly with his arms open in demand of an embrace, Elias immediately stepped over to him and accepted his request. She wrapped her arms around his neck as his went around her waist and he mimicked the hug she had given Barry. She was easily lifted off her feet and she exclaimed in protest.

He placed her feet back onto the ground, but his grip remained on her waist. She offered his typical lopsided smile, "I could never forget you, you're too annoying to ignore," Elias teased as she pat his cheek jokingly, Wally didn't hesitate to pinch her sides lightly in retaliation, eliciting a squeal from her as she squirmed from his grasp.

She regained her balance and stood in front of him again, playfully glaring at him while he smirked back at her. Her eyes darted down to his shirt, noticing he wasn't wearing the hoodie she had lent him almost a week ago.

"You got my hoodie? You're supposed to return it today," she reminds with a grin and he looks away in fake forgetfulness.

"Oh no, I forgot it," he says over dramatically and Elias rolls her eyes at his acting. "I guess I'll have to give it to you next time," he proposes with a wink, knowing he was going to get to keep her sweater for longer.

"Yeah you better bring it next time, I'll fight you if you don't," she says half jokingly and he raises his hands in mock submission. Their little dispute was suddenly disrupted when a hand was placed on Elias's shoulder from behind and she immediately jumped in alarm at the sudden intrusion.

She whipped her head around, quickly breathing a sigh of relief to see the hand belonged to Kaldur. She was met with his usual warm smile as he brought his focus to both of the speedsters.

"Hello, Elias. How is moving into the Mountain?" The Atlantean asked her kindly as he removed his hand from her shoulder. It doesn't take a genius to realize that Wally immediately shifted to a more cocky and jealous demeanor at the sight of Kaldur conversating with Elias.