Chapter 10- Unprepared Emotions

a/n - from here until chapter 15 is unedited! So don't be concerned about the random writing style change lolol

Wally's POV

Elias and I continued to stare at each other, and from this close angle I could finally get a good look at her face. She was totally my type, she had this cute but daring face with deep determined eyes and her lips looked so soft. All her features seemed to perfectly compliment her appearance and I wanted nothing more than to kiss her right then and there.

The warm sun shone down on her face in a way that made her glow, even with the light layer of sweat covering her face she looked perfect. She smiled somewhat awkward and my God when I tell you it was the cutest thing. Her dimples only added to her complexion and I swear I fell in love with her right then and there.

I took the chance to lean in a little closer to her, the distance between our faces gradually decreasing as I approached her. Until we were merely inches apart.

Elias's POV

I noticed Wally was getting a little bit closer, too close for comfort. It was when I noticed the slight pucker of his lips that I realized he was leaning in for a kiss. Part of me wanted to lean in to and I subconsciously moved a little closer to him, but part of me also knew this was strange. How could I kiss a boy I just met? Much less a boy who seemed to be girl crazy?

I could see Wally and I becoming best friends in the future, we already get along so well. But I couldn't imagine myself liking him romantically as of right now, especially after everything I've been through. I needed to be careful about who I trust, I mean I thought I could trust the girls from my old school but they ended up abandoning once they found out who I really was. I wasn't going to go through that again.

Realistically if I did kiss him right now, things would be weird between us, and I didn't want to change the already great dynamic we had. And if this guy is trying to kiss me after just meeting me, then his feelings probably aren't authentic, this would end quickly. I can't deny the truth.

I stopped leaning towards him and pulled away slightly, placing a hand on his shoulder to stop him as well. I really didn't want to hurt his feelings or anything but I knew if I let him kiss me I'd catch feelings way too quickly and next thing you know he abandons me.

Wally was too much to a player to me, and I didn't want to get hurt.

3rd POV

Wally opened his eyes almost immediately after Elias placed her hand on his shoulder and pushed him away slightly. A confused and slightly hurt expression ghosted his face as she avoided his gaze.

"Elias what's wrong?" He asked in confusion while she removed her hand from his shoulder, bringing in into her lap instead. She had a faraway look in her eyes as she shook her head slightly.

"I'm sorry Wally, I really can't do this right now." Elias told him as she turned to face him and he could see the guilt in her eyes.

​​​​​​"I like you really, I just can't really see 'us' happening right now. I came here to learn from Barry, not to be in a relationship." She said as she shifted her focus up to the clear blue sky instead. Her stare was longing and it made Wally's heart clench in fear that he'd already scared her off.

"I just met you and I can definitely picture us becoming best friends, but let's be realistic here. I'm thirteen, the chances of me being in a real relationship any time soon is like zero to none." Elias said as she fiddled with her fingers, worried she had hurt Wally's feelings and ruined their chances of getting along.

"I...really want us to get along. I want to get to know you better and be your friend," she continued as she placed a hand on his shoulder gently, he was quick to place his own hand on top of hers.

Wally's POV

Despite the rush of emotions and deep embarrassment I felt from getting rejected, I felt a soft smile come onto my face at her response. She was so different than what I would've expected, and the way she spoke to me was so mature it made me feel silly for even trying to kiss her. She was totally out of my league.

But the way that Elias comforted me seemed to push all my negative thoughts into the farthest corner of my mind. The warmth and kindness her eyes held as a gentle smile creeped onto her face was enough to stop my heart. And her hand on my shoulder made me realize everything she said was right.

We're both still basically kids and we barely know each other, it would've been a mess if we got together, now.

"So can we still be good friends or is this going to ruin our relationship?" She asked me while gently punching me in the arm and I met her welcoming eyes again making all my worries disappear.

"Oh yeah, you're not gonna be able to get rid of me that easily," I told her with a joking grin and she laughed out loud at me response. I could get used to making her smile.

"Good to know. It would've been awful to train with a weirdo like you who also hates me." She teased jokingly as she pulled me into a warm hug and I instantly hugged her back, grateful for her warm embrace even if we were both still sweaty from training.

"I'm still gonna flirt with you though. I'm sure one day I'll get you to like me back," I say half jokingly as I pull away from her arms and kiss her hand lightly. She laughs at the interaction before pulling her hand from my grasp and flicking my forehead.

"We'll see about that Kid Dork, you can certainly try. But I'm totally out of your league," she spoke cockily as she flipped her hair behind her shoulder. I scoffed at her words, loving the little playful interaction we already had.

"Then I'm cool with whatever." I said putting my hands behind my head. She smiles up at me as I do to her and I'm immediately grateful she was smart enough to reject me. We got along too well for our relationship to be ruined by romance. We're totally gonna be inseparable in no time.

And maybe as a bonus, we might end up together in the future.