Chapter 18 - The League's Orders and...Relationships?

3rd POV

The heroes descended from the sky, all of them sharing disappointed expressions on their faces. The young heroes all felt the looming heavy atmosphere that came with the Leagues arrival. Superman and Batman stood in the front of the group, and Superman seemed disgruntled at the sight of Superboy.

He approached the clone who made his way to the front of the teens, seemingly eager to talk Superman. The man of steel saw the symbol barely showing on Superboy's white outfit, the clone noticed his gaze and lifted the ripped shirt to show the S printed onto his shirt. Superman's eyes widened in shock at the realization.

"Is that what I think it is?" Batman asked in his typical gruff voice as Kid Flash stood beside Superboy.

"He doesn't like being called an "it"." He warned the bat in a sing song voice, putting his hand to his mouth in a whispering gesture.

"I'm Superman's clone!" Superboy declared while the rest of the league shared unsettled looks with each other which resulted in the young heroes sharing concerned looks with one another as well.

Suddenly, Batman's look switched from confused to angered. "Start talking." He commanded the teens as they all began to explain their mission and everything that had happened in the last day.

After they explained everything part of the League took the scientist...well monster sized scientist to prison while the remaining league members discussed the situation. Hyper noticed the troubled expression on Superboy's face, though she couldn't blame him after the uncomfortable interaction between him and the man he was cloned from.

She walked up towards the boy to check on him after what had just happened. "Hey, you alright?" Hyper asked gently as she offered him a smile while putting her hand on his shoulder.

"I'm fine." he gruffly replied as he brushed her had from his shoulder. She couldn't help but feel a little hurt at his harsh demeanor.

Shortly the League members returned to the teens, having concluded their debate. "Cadmus will be investigated, all 52 floors, but let's make one thing clear, " Batman spoke to the teens as they all gathered.

"You should have called." Flash continued for him as he glanced at both Hyper and Wally, who immediately lowered their gaze in shame.

"Ends result, we are not happy," Batman said looking at each of the disheveled teens before him. "You will not be doing this again," He concluded and majority of them had accepted their fate, all except Aqualad.

"I'm sorry, but we will." Aqualad said daringly and Batman narrowed his eyes in response.

"Aqualad, stand down." Aquaman warned him as he stood beside the bat.

"Apologies my king, but we did good work tonight and we can't let you take that from us." Aqualad said politely as he stepped forward and the other teens nodded in agreement.

"Yeah! Let us use what you taught us or why teach us at all?" Robin questioned while standing beside Aqualad.

"The five of us are more than ready to take on real responsibilities, and you know that," Hyper added, sparing a daring glance at the Flash in particular.

"It's simple, get on board or get out of our way." Superboy said backing up the young heroes as they stood together proudly, the leaguers shared conflicted looks at each other considering what to do.

"Give me 3 days and I will figure what to do with you." Batman finally says to the teens and they all smile at each other happily as hugs and high fives were handed out. The League gradually dispersed until the Flash and a few other remained at the scene. He eventually made his way to his young students.