Chapter 37 - Schooled

a/n - this chapter is brought to you by messy Elias doodles ✌️---

-
-
-

Hyper/Elias's POV

The six of us stared up at the holographic projection before us, awaiting whatever announcement was important enough that Batman would interrupt our training session. "Batman to cave. Five hours ago a new menace attacked Green Arrow and Black Canary." Batman words brought a slightly nervous chill down my spine. "The attacker had the ability to study and duplicate it's foes powers. Green Arrow called in reinforcements but that proved disastrous as the attacker only gained more abilities." Batman continued seriously and my mouth dropped in awe.

The screen displayed footage of a humanoid robot tossing the League members around like it was nothing, and just like Batman had explained, he was copying their abilities. "Holy shit, one android with the powers of the entire Justice League," Wally's shocked voice mumbled as we gawked at the video.

"That's so overkill," I say to myself when the android single handedly takes on four of the League members.

The footage paused and Batman continued, "It took eight League members four hours to take down and dismantle the android." Batman continues and I place a hand over my mouth in awe.

"So who made it? T.O. Morrow?" Robin questions and Batman shakes his head.

"Red tornado thinks it's unlikely. The technology bears the signature of Professor Ivo." He replies and I look to the side to see if everyone else knew what was going on, because in all honesty I have no idea who the hell these people are.

"Ivo? But isn't he dead?" Aqualad asks with a perplexed expression on his face.

"So we thought, or hoped." Black Canary answers as she looks over her shoulder at him. This would be so much easier for me to understand the gravity of the situation if I actually knew who Ivo was, I'd have to ask Rob later or something.

"To ensure that the threat is permanently neutralized, we have split up the android's parts and they will be shipped to two different Star labs." Batman continues his announcement as a map with two different highlighted locations is showed on the screen. "We are taking every precaution, there will be four decoy trucks to create confusion in case someone attempts to retrieve the parts. You will split undercover into two teams and safeguard the real trucks. You leave tonight, get ready." He says finally and the screen turns off before anyone could say anything. I definitely see where Rob gets his personality from.

"Sweet! Road trip!" Wally exclaims as he fist pumps the air, I shake my head at his rather enthusiastic behaviour before turning the Canary.

"So I'm guessing that's the end of training?" I ask her, slightly disappointed I never got a chance to spar with her, and she nods.

"When you return I am always willing to train you, just ask me." She informs me with a soft smile as she places a hand on my shoulder. I nod a little too enthusiastically for my liking and she walks off, leaving me starstruck before I join the others.