Chapter 17 - Cadmus' Monster

Hyper/Elias's POV

In a panic we exited the vent, Rob wasted no time pulled out his tech glove and working on something. I could only assume he was tampering with their security devices.

"Soo...what are you doing? Shouldn't we be heading out?" I asked him while peeking over his shoulder to see what he was doing, he didn't respond until a cheeky smile formed on his face as he looked up at us.

"I hacked the motion sensors." He said cockily and I instantly smiled at him while offering a fist bump.

"Nice job Bat Boy, now lets go." I said and we turned towards the stairs that were set behind us.

"Finally, I got some space to move." Wally said eagerly as he fastened his goggles over his eyes and I shared the same excited expression. Just our specialty.

"Race you to the top." I challenge as I shoved the door open and we raced up the stairs. Of course it was a little unfair because I am naturally faster than him, so in the spirit of fairness I slowed down a tad for him.

Our little race was soon ended when we saw a group of G-morphs heading down the stairs towards us.

"Wanna tag team on these guys?" I asked Wally as I slowed down to meet up with him.

"I was waiting for you to ask." He said casually while cracking his knuckles, I shoot him smile before speeding ahead straight towards the G-morphs.

"Heads up G-dorks!" I teased as I ran towards them and slid on my knees, causing them all to tumble forward. I silently celebrated my effective move as I stood from the ground. "All yours West!" I called from up the stairs and he flashed me a smile before mimicking my move and knocking the group back down again.

The rest of team finally started coming up the stairs and I heard Robin alert Superboy that more were coming. Before I knew it, the clone was smashing the stairs causing the bottom set to fall. Wally came to a halt right beside me and we high fived at our little team up on the G-morphs before continuing our trip up the stairs.

I sped up the stairs and arrived at the top first (of course) but when I came around the corner, I saw that the doors were closing. I managed to come to a stop just inches before I hit the closing door, but Wally wasn't so agile. He didn't stop quite in time and hit the door head first, I couldn't hold my laughter in at the sight.

I snickered at him as he held his head, the other guys arrived finally and I silenced my laughter.

"The door's shut!" Aqualad exclaimed and Wally painfully chuckled.

"Yeah my head didn't noticed." He said sarcastically, still rubbing his head as I stifled another laugh to spare him of further embarrassment.

"Quick this way!" Rob shouted as he opened another door nearby, I quickly helped Wally up before racing after the others. The G-morphs were quick on our tails and we were suddenly cornered. Guardian and way too many G-morphs for us to handle surrounded us as the giant G-morphs came out and we readied our weapons.

Then suddenly the G-gnome's horns began to glow and I instantly knew we were screwed, a huge headache over came me and I grasped my head in pain. I collapsed to the ground, barely grasping consciousness as I saw from the corner of my eye the rest of my team was already on the floor.

The weird alien guy that I saw walk into the elevator when we first entered the building was suddenly in the room and his horns were glowing as he and Superboy stared at one another.

Soon before I knew it the little G-gnome that had been sitting on Guardian's shoulder ever since we first saw him jumped off his shoulder. Guardian grasped his head and in an instant all the pain in my head was lifted. I breathed a sigh of relief as I saw the rest of the group slowly recover from the sudden headache.