Chapter 32 - Mission Start

a/n- here's a lil sketch of hyper's costume on her I drew to help you picture it a little better hehe. excuse the messy lineart <3

 excuse the messy lineart <3

Elias's POV

The sounds of the Mountain speakers crackling to life pulled me from the comforting slumber I was in, my senses becoming aware of the sound of the voice resonating through the speakers.

"Good morning, children. Black Canary and Batman will be arriving at the mountain in exactly one hour for a training session before your departure. I suggest you awake and prepare," Tornado's voice boomed through the room and I grudgingly opened my eyes. The sensation of warmth against my body helped pull me from the disoriented state of being half asleep and I recalled the events of last night, and Wally.

My leg was draped over his waist along with my arm, leaving my head resting against his shoulder, close to his sleeping face. The wakeup call hadn't disturbed his slumber, I almost felt bad having to wake him up. His mouth was slightly agape as his chest slowly rose and fell with each breath he took, and I could feel the faint sensation of his heart beating. I eventually removed myself from his side and lifted my torso from the bed before bringing my hand up to tap on his chest lightly.

"Wally," I hummed as I continued poking at him, though he only groaned in response and shifted in attempt to grab at my now missing form from his side. I poked my finger at his ear, "wake up sleeping beauty." He swatted my hand away from his ear as his eyes gradually opened, a confused look glossing his face when he saw me.

After a moment of processing, he seemed to remember where he was and why I was in the bed with him, his usual grin formed onto his face at the memory. "Mornin' prince charming," he said in response to my attempt to wake him and I shake my head with a smile. He sat up from the bed, extending his arms above him with a groan as he stretched his joints from his deep slumber.

"Sleep well?" I asked jokingly as I noticed the satisfied smile on his cheeks.

"Oh yeah, with you by my side it was a dream," he replied smoothly, shooting a wink my way as per usual. I chuckle at his remark as I stretch my own limbs. "Think that was the best sleep I've had in a while, you'll have to sleep in my bed more often," he teased as he wrapped his arms around my waste gently, though I didn't protest much.

"Yeah you'll have to keep dreaming. No sleepovers on school nights," I reply jokingly as I flick his nose playfully, I practically heard his smirk as his grip around me tightened and he fell back onto the bed, pulling me along with him. I squealed in response when his hands began tickling my sides, causing me to spaz and squirm to escape his attacks. He was relentless with his moves and I couldn't stop the fit of giggles flowing from my mouth, eventually I was able to snag one of his wrists and break of out of his embrace before flipping us over. I pinned him down and straddled his waist as I flipped the tables and began tickling his sides, immediately creating a similar reaction of protests and laughter.