Chapter 34 - Ice Cold Containment

Elias's POV

'You can't escape from me,' A feminine voice fills my head, it seemed to pull me from the nothingness of my unconscious state, but I was still asleep? My surroundings were an infinite white abyss, all I could see were my own hands in front of me. An echoing silence filled the void before the voice resonated again.

'Now that I've found you, I'm going to make your life a living hell,' the same voice repeats before a bone chilling cackle fills my surroundings, clouding my thoughts with the vibration of her laughter. I hold my head in attempt to stop it, but it seems like the voice is the one in control here.

'For now, I'll let you be. After all, you'll have quite the harsh awakening when you come to,' the voice hums as her laughter dies down, and the white abyss seems to fall away until I'm surrounded by darkness instead.

'But in due time, you'll get what's coming to you,' and with the chilling warning I was ripped away from the dreamlike nightmarish state.

-

-

-

A chill racks through my body as my eyes shoot open, I gasp and my chest heaves while I catch my breath. The memory of my dream only adds to my current state of confusion as I take in my surroundings, but I'm quickly reminded of the unfortunate events leading to our capture as I noticed I was trapped.

I was stuck in a glass box, similar to the one that held the ice bomb. In a desperate attempt I scrambled over to the surface of the glass, bashing my fist against it to see if it would shatter. It only shook under my force, not even a scratch left on the surface. I growl in irritation since I knew there was going to be no easy way out of this. A groan and mumble of profanities pulled my attention from my cage, and I was quick to turn to the source of the sound.

I noticed the rest of my teammates, encaged around me, Meghan and Kaldur were on either side of my while Wally, Rob, and Supey were caged across from us, each of us held in a relentless icy prison.

'Is everyone okay?' I ask through the mindlink, hoping that everyone was awake.

'Yes I think so. Miss M is unconscious but she's still breathing steadily,' Rob answered and I look to my side, Meghan was out cold and her body shivered lightly in her slumber. We had to get out of here fast before one of us freezes.

Before anyone else could speak, Superboy was on the glass sending blow after blow against the seemingly invincible material. His shouts of effort were muffled through the container, but he was relentless. After what seemed like a hundred punches on the glass his movements began to slow, until he was left tapping the glass weakly with his knuckles. I felt bad to see him in such a defeated state, but at least he was still able to move.

'Conserve your energy Superboy, we will find a way out,' Kaldur urges calmly as Superboy breathes heavily, both out of exhaustion and sheer rage, I couldn't blame him though. The situation felt hopeless.

'What are we supposed to do? M'ghan is gonna freeze to death if we don't do something!' Superboy yelled back in response, the worry in his voice for Meghan would have warmed my heart in any other situation, but he was right.

'I'm not sure yet, but be patient. We'll figure something out,' Kaldur assured him and the confidence in his voice helped calm my own nerves, he really was the best fit person for leadership. A hiss came from the side of the room and all of us looked towards the source of the sound. A metal door had opened up on one side of the room, causing a flurry of icy mist to enter the room. As the air cleared slightly, we were all immediately petrified at the realization that we weren't only dealing with Mr. Freeze.