Chapter 12 -Start of a New Team

3rd POV

​​​​The League members spoke in private while the teens sat together patiently. Before the young heroes could even ask anymore questions, the League members suddenly began to leave, each getting scanned by the security systems.

"That's it?!" A loud voice shouted from the back of the room and all eyes turned towards the sound. Speedy stood with stiff shoulders and a very aggravated look on his face. He stormed forward and began to shout accusingly at the League heroes. It wasn't until he mentioned the word 'sidekicks' that Hyper decided to pay attention to his monologue.

"They're treating us like, kids! Worse- like sidekicks, we deserve better than this!" He shouted and Hyper narrowed her eyes, a disappointed glare filling her gaze as she looked in the direction of League. "Today was supposed to be the first step to becoming full fledged League Members!" He continued as he turned to the other teens, expecting the rest of them to have his back, but they stared back at him in concern.

KF looked between him and the other teens before piping up, "I mean sure, but I thought a first step was a tour of the HQ?" Kid pointed out with a shrug and Speedy's eyes narrowed to a glare.

"Yeah, but the Hall isn't even the League's real HQ! It's just a false front for tourist and a pit stop for catching Zeta Beam teleported tubes to the real thing!" He revealed while point up, "a satellite in orbit called the Watchtower!" His exposure of the truth caused unrest between League members and Speedy.

After Aquaman tried to reason with the red head, he bit back and told him off before doing the same to green arrow, "I'm not your son, I'm not even his! I thought I was his partner, but not anymore." He ended his sentence by removing his hat and dropping it harshly on the floor before turning to leave.

The teens stared in shock at Speedy's sudden declaration, all at a loss for words. "I guess they were right about you four," Speedy spoke over his shoulder as he looked at the teens. "You aren't ready," with that he left them.

"Holy shit," Hyper mumbled as they all stared at the empty space where Speedy stood, "he just did that." Before anybody could protest or even follow along after him, an alarm sounded within the Hall and Superman's face appeared on a screen. The League members crowded around as Superman explained there was a fire at Cadmus labs, but Zatara ended up cutting in with an even more urgent mission.

Hyper/Elias's POV

Damn, I can't believe that Speedy just told off two league members, and then walked out. I wouldn't have even expected that from him, I'm not even sure I'd even do that. Everyone's shocked state was ended when Superman alerted the League about a mission, and then Zatara called requesting for full assistance for a mission. I didn't hear all the details, but I did hear it was a League mission.

Without so much as a word to us, the League members started to head out for the mission with Zatara, we took their silence as a signal and followed them. Our eager energy was quickly ended when Batman stopped us on the spot. "Stay put." He commanded firmly and we all looked at him with confusion, but his expression stayed the same.

"What? Why?" Robin asked with a slightly irritated tone.

"This is a League mission." Aquaman calmly explained as he stepped towards Batman we gawked at their words.

"You aren't trained to go on league missions yet." Flash said simply as he walked towards us and looked me dead in the eye.

"Since when?" Wally shouted in response, throwing his hands up in frustration.

"I meant you're not trained to work as part of this team," he tried to explain but Wally and I shared the same expression of betrayal at his words.