Chapter 24 - Mr. Twister

Elias's POV

Meghan flies the ship to the coordinates Red Tornado gave us and we quickly arrive at the Happy Harbour power plant.

"This better not just be a waste of time, I swear if this is Red Tornado keeping us busy..." Superboy mumbles in irritation at the circumstances of our visit.

"Hey, you never know what'll happen, that fire at Cadmus led us to you, right?" I reply optimistically, but he only rolls his eyes in response. We're clearly still not on the best of terms.

Just as were about to land near the harbour a tornado suddenly approached the ship and we were quickly sucked into the powerful winds, causing the ship to spin and whip around aggressively. We all shouted in alarm and discomfort of being tossed around by the tornado.

Meghan was able to steer the ship out of the eye of the tornado fast enough for us to land nearby. We all rushed out of the ship, now aware of the problem at hand.

We all gathered outside of the ship, taking in the sight of the tornado terrorizing the workers at the factory, Aqualad quickly broke the silence between us. "Are tornado's common in New England, Robin?" he asked sarcastically, only to be met with the sound of his distant laughter. "Robin?"

"Uh, I think he left," I suggest as I point to the power plant where the windows were now shattering suddenly. We all quickly run to his aid.

Rob was tossed into the wall by a red and black robot who I assumed was the one producing the tornados.

"Who's your friend?" Superboy asks Rob as he runs to the side.

"Didn't get his name yet, but he plays kinda rough!" Rob replies sarcastically before dodging another tornado that was sent in his direction.

"My apologies, you may address me as Mr. Twister," the robot replies in an amused tone and I can't help but scoff at his ridiculous name.

"Pfft, Mr. Twister? I'm sorry, that sounds like a blender brand," I snicker to myself and I see Wally stifle a chuckle before returning to his serious state. Mr. Twister was unimpressed at my mockery and quickly prepared himself to fight again.

"Damn, ok. Your buddy is no fun, Rob," I comment before pulling my goggles out of my pocket as we all prepare to fight back.

Aqualad looked at all of us, sending a nod as a signal to begin our attack.

Superboy quickly charges at the android, but he was immediately launched backwards before he could land a hit. Wally then sped towards him and hand springed into a kick aimed at the robots chest. Twister didn't even flinch and casually redirected Wally so he went flying out the building.

I gasped in alarm and quickly got serious, I bolted at the robot and he quickly shot a tornado my way. I was able to change directions and narrowly avoid it before swerving around the back of the robot and jumping to round house kick him from behind.

He managed to whip his head around just before my foot made contact with his body and send a gust of wind my way. I screamed as I was launched in the air, travelling at lest a hundred feet before I hit the ground and tumbled across the ground for a few seconds.

I eventually came to a stop, upside down and embedded in the dirt. I groaned as I felt my joints and muscles ache from the fall and I knew this would hurt tomorrow. I just hope my regeneration works fast enough that I can get back into the battle.

After a few minutes of enduring pain, I felt my muscles begin to ease and I could move again. I sat up from the dirt and shook my head to refocus my vision, noticing the robot emerge from a hole in the side of the building.

I groaned and slowly pushed myself up off the ground to go stop the android, but Wally beat me to it. I watched him speed to Twister, circling around him to dodge his attacks before he shouted at the robot, "what'd you to do my team?"

"Embarrassed them, quite a bit I must say," he replied in an amused tone before sending a tornado his way. I urgently sped in his direction as I watched the tornado engulf him, with immense force I dived through the tornado and tackled Wally.

We flew out the other end of the tornado and rolled a few times before coming to a stop. I pulled myself from him and checked to make sure he was okay. He winced slightly before opening his eyes and immediately grinning at the sight of me.

"I'm supposed to be the one saving you, princess," he says flirtatiously and I breath a sigh of relief.

"I'm your knight in shining armour today, prince," I reply teasingly before flicking his nose and standing up. His face is a little red as I offer him a hand, the rest of our team quickly approach as we all turn to face Mr. Twister.

"I thought you would have already realized your limits, children," the robot says condescendingly and I grit my teeth.

"What do you want?" Kaldur shouts, getting straight to the point with the villain.

"I thought it was obvious, I am waiting for a real hero," he replies smugly.

"M'ghan, read his mind and find his weakness," Kaldur orders and Meghan quickly protests as we had already told her it wasn't okay to read people's minds without consent.

"It's fine if it's bad guys," Rob quickly replies and Meghan gets to work. After a moment of focus she suddenly has a realization.

"Hello, Meghan! How did I not realize this before, Mr. Twister is Red Tornado in disguise! How many androids do you know that can produce tornados," she declares with a smile on her face and my jaw drops in disappointment. You're kidding me, it was distraction. A waste of time.

"Red Tornado sent us here..." Kaldur recalls.

"After saying we'd be tested soon enough. This is the test, something to keep us busy," Rob adds on in frustration.

"Tsk, Speedy called it. We're a joke!" Wally shouts and I clench my fists. As much as I hated to admit it, that bastard was right.

"Dammit," I seethed before we all made our way to 'Mr. Twister', tired of this bullshit waste of time.

"We're done playing your games, we know who you really are so can you just cut the crap!" Rob shouts at the android, who narrows his eyes in response.

"As you wish," Twister replies before raising his arms creating two large tornados as dark clouds begin to fill the sky. Thunder and lighting fill the air and I look around in confusion.

"Um guys...I don't remember Red Tornado being able to manipulate weather," I mumble as I point to the now stormy sky.

"Hah, you think I'm Tornado? That's hilarious," the android shouts sarcastically before lighting strikes the ground in front us and we are all immediately launched backwards as the ground explodes with dust.

My head hits the ground and my skull throbs. I groan and wince in pain as my vision appears shaky, but I am able to make out the silhouette of Mr. Twister making his way towards us too finish the job. Before he can get us, Meghan manages to cover us with her bioship and Twister leaves.

With a last exhale, I take comfort in the fact that Twister has left, and I allow myself to succumb to the exhaustion and pressure in my head.

a/n - hey guys, took a lil two day break from my daily updates to do some stuff but i'm back on track again. lowkey rewatching yj after like 5 years so that's fun lolol