Chapter 22 - Today's the Day

Elias's POV

The next two days went by in a blur, it was already the night before we were suppose to hear back from Batman. I was itching with so much excitement the entire time that I barely completed all of my work for school.

It also didn't help that Barry was out with Iris quite a bit this weekend, so I was stuck alone in the house for a while.

After dealing with my restlessness for a few hours, I decided to FaceTime Wally because knowing him he was probably just as eager as I was for tomorrow to come. I scrolled through my contacts and dialed his number, waiting for him to pick up with a grin on my face.

He answered the phone after a few rings and I was quickly met with his goofy face and his un-gelled, messy hair. "Hey, weirdo. What's up?" he asks in his usual cocky tone and I couldn't help but snicker at his appearance.

"Damn, sometimes I forget you gel your hair," I joke and he immediately pouts at my words.

"Did you seriously call me to come laugh at my natural hair?" he asked with an unimpressed look and I chuckle lightly before responding with a more genuine smile. I see him run his fingers through his hair in attempt to slick it back, but it falls back into place over his face.

"No, your hair is cute. I called you cause I'm so excited about tomorrow. Can't sleep," I explain as I roll over on my back, holding my phone in the air above my face with one hand. I saw him move to lay face down on his bed with his phone in front of him.

"Same, honestly. I went for like two runs around my block today cause I'm so restless," he commented and I laugh in response.

"I would've done the same if I didn't have my easy ass homework that I procrastinated to do," I complained.

"That's on you, babe," he replies with a shrug and I immediately scoff at his words.

"Whatever, I did it eventually and that's all that matters. So, are you ready for tomorrow?" I ask in attempt to shift the conversation from my procrastination. I see a smile quickly spread on his features as his eyes light up in excitement.

"Totally! My mom already let my school know I'll be there late, so I might just skip most of my classes," he says with a grin and I gasp in exaggeration.

"Wallace Rudolph West, since when were you such a hooligan skipping classes!" I tease and he immediately cringes at my words.

"Please never say those words again, like ever. I think I just died a little inside," he comments with a grimace and I roll my eyes. "Anyways, how 'bout you, are you ready for tomorrow?" he asks as he leans his chin onto his palm.

"Yessir! Except I don't have the intention to skip any classes like a hooligan," I tease and he shoots me an unimpressed look, only making me laugh more.

"I will block you."

"Okay fine I'll stop!" I say as I put my hand up in defense. We continued talking over the phone, joking about our excitement and plans for the future while he threatened to block me three times. Eventually a couple hours had passed and I noticed the time.

"Oh shit haha. It's like one in the morning, we should probably go to sleep. It don't wanna pass out in the middle of Batman's lecture or whatever," I joke and he gasps slightly as he checks his own clock.

"Damn, yeah you're right. I'm totally screwed for my pre-cal class tomorrow morning," he groans and I chuckle lightly.

"Alright, I'm heading to bed now. Goodnight, Wallace," I hum and he immediately raises an eyebrow, unamused with my use of his full name yet again.