Chapter 1- The Origin

4 years ago, Elias' POV

The sun beat down on me relentlessly as my feet padded rapidly along the sidewalk, the heat was the last thing on my mind as I sprinted my way home.

Why you ask? At the time, I had somehow procrastinated so long that I'd put myself into a position where every second counted. You know how it goes.

I was an above average intelligence kid. Like way above. I was already in grade 10 at the time, as a result of skipping many grades over the last few years. I'd been working my ass off in school since I was nine.

I grew up in an average household that had to accommodate an above average kid. But unlike me, my siblings were just ordinary children.

I had 2 siblings, Eli and Elliott. I was the oldest and definitely the smartest. But we all shared the common interest in superheroes.

Growing up in a world where everywhere you looked you saw heroes fighting crime and saving lives, we couldn't help but adore them.

I loved comics to death. Reading them and seeing the heroes save people in real time made me believe that I had the capability to be apart of something bigger than myself too.

Thus being the reason I was kicking my own ass in school every day to excel. I was determined to find someway to use my gifts to help people and be seen as a hero.

Checking my watch, I swore under my breath. It was already three o' clock. My precious time was ticking, I had to finish my final evaluation before tomorrow!

I was usually late for things due to my oddly lazy behavior despite being such a hard worker. However usually I can make up a smart excuse to get out of things.

This time was different though, this isn't something I can make up some well thought excuse for. My early entrance into a prestigious university was counting on this!

Damn my poor work habits. I am so screwed.

I had to stop running eventually, my stamina was good, but not good enough to sprint for more than 20 minutes. The walk home felt longer than usual as my eyes kept frantically glancing at the time passing on my phone.

3:30, damn that sucks.

Much to the dismay of my lungs, I broke into another sprint as my house was just up the hill.

I breathed a sigh of relief as I reached my doorstep before fumbling around with my pockets to find my keys. My heart dropped when I couldn't feel them anywhere.

I frantically searched my bag and pockets again, but no luck. I must have dropped my keys at some point on the walk home. Oh luck is really on my side today.

I grudgingly made my way back where I came from, eyes scanning the sidewalk for my keys.

'How'd my dumb ass not hear them fall or anything. Jeez.' I thought to myself as I continued jogging along the sidewalk until my eyes caught a glimpse of my excessive amount of keychains on the sidewalk.

'Oh thank the lord.' At least my luck was turning up a bit.

I jogged back the way to my house, thankful that I had only dropped my keys just down the street. I hurriedly unlocked my door with my keys and swung it open before quickly kicking my shoes off and running upstairs.

I slid into my room and made my way to the little make shift lab in the corner. I went to go turn on my equipment but after flicking to switch, nothing happened.

'Excuse me, what the fuck?' I thought to myself as I flicked the switch on and off several times before examining the device.

Oh of course my luck is just great. The damn batteries and light bulbs were out. And as I recall I used the last replacements several months back.