Chapter 21 - Flirting at the Mall

Elias/Hyper's POV

Wally and I walked the rest of the way to the shopping center, removing our hats and goggles when we got there. Together, we wandered around the mall for a while at first as I struggled to decide on a place for us to buy my new jacket, I was thinking about different styles and money and quality, and Wally was thinking pf which was more convenient.

"We'll take even longer if you keep being impatient about it, dummy!" I snapped at him as he groaned for what seemed like the 20th time in the last five minutes. "Okay let's just check this place out," I declared as I grabbed his wrist and pulled him into a large store.

"I don't understand why I have to go with you, I could literally just wait on the bench outside," he mumbled as I released his wrist and made a beeline for the jackets.

"Because we came to go shopping together," I answered simply while pulling a white bomber jacket off the rack, before looking at him with a teasing smirk, "and because you love me."

"I-...you're so annoying," he grumbled as he covered his face with the back of his hand to hide the growing blush forming on his cheeks. "I'm starting to regret telling you."

I turned around and grabbed his hand from his face, causing him to fluster further. "Don't worry, I'm just teasing. It's fun to make you all blushy like this," I tease lightly before flicking his forehead and looking back at the clothing rack.

Wally's POV

I groaned as I scratched my cheek to try and hide the blush on my face, I hate how she can get a reaction like that out of me. It's supposed to be me flustering her, but nooo here I am, a red mess in the middle of the mall.

She's never gonna let me live down the fact that I have feelings for her, but at the very least things didn't change or get weird between us so I'm grateful for that.

"Wall, what do you think of this one?" Elias called my attention from my thoughts as she pushed a jacket into my face. It was an oversized, black leather jacket, which honestly was really cool. I took it from her hands and examined the back, it had a white koi fish covering the upper back.

"Pretty badass. Don't think you're cool enough for it, though," I teased as I handed it back to her and she pouted.

"You kidding me, look at this," she exclaims before aggressively putting the jacket on over her shirt. "I look fucking sick, you can't even deny it."

"Ehh...it'd look better on me," I tease cockily and she huffs as she takes the jacket off and puts it back on the rack. I chuckled at her stubborn demeanor while she aggressively shuffles through all of the jackets in pursuit of another one.

I turn my attention from her rummaging to the rack beside me, I moved away from Elias' side and looked through the coats. My eyes lit up a bit as I saw a black and white windbreaker that was Elias' style.

"Oi, how 'bout this?" I say as I poke her in the shoulder and she turns around. She looks the jacket up and down before a smile slowly creeps its way onto her face.

"Okay...I like this one. You know me well, West," she hums as she takes the jacket from my arms and makes her way to the checkout. I felt my heart speed up a bit at her approval and I let a soft smile spread on my face as I follow close behind her.

"Of course I do, nobody knows you better than me," I reply with a cocky smirk and she rolls her eyes as she smiles.

"Yeah...but you have the advantage of seeing me basically every day of the week, so don't get too cocky," she says as she pokes my nose and I try to swat her hand away. She quickly pays for the jacket and we make our way out of the store. Almost immediately she pulls the jacket out of the bag and tears the tags off, putting it on and posing slightly.