Chapter 30 - Upgrades People!

Elias's POV

The three of us waited in the training room as the rest of our team slowly made their way back into the mountain. Eventually we were all gathered again, our mentors standing near us while we each had our gear in hand. Black Canary had joined our meeting as well, it was one of the first times I had seen her up close and personal and I was lowkey fangirling at the sight of her.

I was awestruck when she instructed us to stand in a horizontal line, and with a little awkward shuffle I made my way into the line between Wally and Kaldur. Barry and the other heroes all gathered into a cluster on the other side of the room. With smooth steps, Canary made her way in front of us and immediately held our attention.

"We're going to work on updating your gear. For this mission in particular we will be equipping you all with stealth gear, a new version of your uniforms have already been revised," she explains and I hold back a squeal at the thought of stealth gear! "For starters, we'll take your old uniforms off your hands for now. They will be stored in the mountain for emergency."

I looked down at the assortment of clothing in my arms, not sure I was emotionally prepared to give away my first uniform, but I definitely wasn't going to argue with Canary. She came down the line and everyone handed her their uniforms. When she got to me I hesitated a moment, I eventually passed her my outfit but not before she noticed my reluctance.

"Don't worry, I promise you'll love your new stuff," she reassures me with a soft smile on her already striking face, immediately leaving my cheeks dusted in red. I nodded urgently and she continued on down the line while I mentally smacked myself for being so embarrassing in front of her. I wasn't usually one to get super flustered but she was so intimidatingly attractive.

Eventually, she gathered everyone's gear before handing the large pile to Red Tornado, who disappeared down the hall with the clothes in his metal arms. Batman was the next to approach us, holding a pile of dark clothing in his arms. A rush of excitement coursed through me when he began handing a neatly folded stack to each person in the line, and I had to restrain myself from letting out a cry of excitement when a folded stack was placed in my arms.

"These are your new uniforms, they've been modelled after your previous designs aside from a few added details. Each one is equipped to switch into stealth mode with the push of a button, aside from Miss Martian's," Canary explained as we all examined the fresh gear in our hands. "We'll need to confirm they fit you and if we need to make any alterations. After that we'll work on improving your weapons and devices."

Canary instructed us to change in the locker rooms, I hadn't had the chance to explore them yet so I quickly followed behind Meghan. I was a little confused at first when I realized the guys were going the same way as us, it wasn't until we actually got to the locker rooms that I realized they were co-ed. I wasn't super uncomfortable with the thought of changing in front of everyone, but it was still kind of weird to me.

The locker room was a decent size, with lockers covering one of the walls and benches placed in the center of the room. There weren't any change rooms or anything else so we all quickly came to the conclusion that we would have to change together. "I believe it would be wisest for us four to face this direction, to ensure at least a little more privacy for you two," Kaldur suggested and I smiled at is words. Always the gentleman Kaldur was.

"Sounds good to me, I better not catch any of you guys peeking or I swear I'll kick your teeth in," I warned half jokingly, but all the guys seemed to take my word for it. I looked over my shoulder as all the boys turned to face the wall, just confirming they were completely turned around before I began changing.

I kept my eyes focussed on the wall in front of me, not sparing any glances to the side at Meghan. My hands worked quickly to unfold the uniform and take out each piece of my gear. There was one large piece, which I assumed to be the suit part, the rest appeared to be gear and accessories. I smiled at the sight of a familiar designed mask and goggles, along with a utility belt equipped with first aid and adapter cables. I was overjoyed they added some hacking equipment to my arsenal.