Chapter 8- A New 'Acquaintance'

3rd POV

The three speedsters exited the airport and headed towards where Barry's car was parked. It was a fancy looking red convertible, which seemed to suit him very well. The two teens slipped into the back seat while Barry climbed into the drivers seat. Elias moved a little more cautiously than Wally, considering she was still getting used to the boys.

The car began to move and after a moment of driving to the quiet sound of the radio in the car, Wally turned to Elias to make conversation. He crossed his arms in a confident way and shot her a lopsided grin.

"So...how old are you, Elias?" He asked and Elias side eyed him for a moment before gradually turning to face him as well.

"I'm 13," she replies simply and the grin on Wally's face seems to grow.

"Cool, I'm 13 too. You got a boyfriend or anything?" Wally asks suddenly and she seems to choke on her saliva at his abrupt question. Staring at him with wide eyes and a blush on her cheeks, but the red head didn't seem to understand to peculiarity of his sudden question.

"We literally just met and you ask me that? No, I've never been in a relationship." she told him in an exasperated manner, she was beginning to understand what kind of person the young speedster was. He shrugged simply, brushing his red hair back with a grin.

"Can I be your first?" He joked flirtatiously and Elias can't help but scoff at his proposal. She looked at him with an eyebrow raised in disbelief.

"We are 13, I am in no rush to be in a relationship. And I doubt I'd want you, a guy I just met, to be the first," Elias said teasingly with a cheeky smile on her face, catching Wally off guard as he dropped his flirtatious demeanour for a moment.

"Looks like you've met your match, Wally," Barry teased as the boy instantly blushed in embarrassment and Elias slumped back into her seat with a more confident grin on her face.

"Well what would I have to do to prove myself to you milady?" He asked somewhat dramatically and Elias rolled her eyes with a giggle.

"Nothin, stupid. I don't want to date you," Elias told Wally as she pointed her finger at him and he put his hands up in defense.

"Alright children can you wait until we get out of the car to beat each other up? I don't want you damaging my interior," Barry told them jokingly and the two slumped back in their seats, smiling softly at their fake fighting.

The rest of the drive to Barry's house was basically a series of eye brow shaking, eyeball rolling and Barry threatening to kick them out of the car.

The three of them got out of the car when they arrived at Barry's place, but Wally made sure to climb out first. He stood up and offered a hand to help Elias out of the car, but she climbed out the other side instead of accepting his offer. She stuck her tongue out at him as she closed the door and walked around the car, leaving Wally pouting slightly.

"Welcome to your new home." Barry said signalling his hand towards the building before them. The house wasn't anything super spectacular, it was quite average actually. But the excitement of a new home made a joyous grin spread on Elias's cheeks.

"Cool! Let's hurry this welcome fest up! I really want to start on my training!" Elias shouts eagerly as she quickly fetched her luggage from the car and started to walked quickly to the house.

"I have never seen anyone so eager to train. Why aren't you like that ever, Wally." Barry says in fake offence and the young red head rolls his eyes.

"The day I'm excited for training is the day you let me drive that convertible of yours." Wally says and Barry immediately gasps. "Exactly, it'll never happen," he continues with a joking grin.

Wally's POV

Barry unlocked the front door and Elias ran into the house, quickly taking her shoes off after Barry scolded her for going in with shoes on. I was about to follow her inside but Barry grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back.

I looked up at him in confusion as he stared down at me with a serious expression on his face.

"Wally I need you to be a little cautious with her ok? I don't mind you two joking around or anything, but don't hurt her. She's been through a lot," Barry told me firmly with a look of genuine concern on his face. I nodded slowly.

"Okay I'll be careful. Now can you please let me go? You're gonna rip my shoulder off!" I yelled at the end of my sentence cause his grip on my shoulder was slowly increasing to the point it hurt.

"Right, sorry." He says before releasing my shoulder, I groan as I rub my now aching shoulder before running to catch up to Elias in the house.

"Shoes!" I hear Barry shout behind me and I look at him sheepishly before kicking my shoes off and continuing after her.

3rd POV

Wally ran into the house and Elias was stopped at the stairs, about to carrying her few bags up to her assigned room.

"What took you so long, Wall? I was starting to think that you weren't gonna bother me." She joked with a smile Wally scoffs at her words.

"Uh for 1, Barry gave me a dramatic pep talk. And 2, is that what you're calling me now?" Wally said while putting his hands on his hips and she chuckled lightly.

"I mean, I don't know your full name or your hero name so you'll have to suck it up." Elias told him as she started to pull her luggages up the stairs and he followed behind her.

"Full name is Wallace Rudolph West and Kid Flash is my alias." He says proudly as he watches her lug her bags up the stairs, not bothering to offer assistance.

"Kid Flash, how original. Also pfft, Rudolph?" Elias asks teasingly and she reaches the top of the stairs with her bags.

"Hey don't judge me! What's your middle name, huh? It's probably not any better," Wally accused and Elias continued laughing at him.

"For your information, it's Marie, Mr. Rudolph," she replies cockily and Wally scoffs at her simple middle name, not being able to make a mockery of it. "I have so many options for what to call you now, West, Kid Idiot, Kid Dork, Wallace, Rudolph, oh the list goes on," Elias says proudly.

"They're all not very original, to be honest." Wally mumbles while crossing his arms, unimpressed.

"Okay, Wallace Rudolph West," she teases and he groans at the use of his full name.

"Hey dorks, hurry up! We should get going if we don't want to train under the moon!" Barry shouted at the kids from outside.

"Alright old man, we'll hurry!" Wally yelled back and Elias laughed lightheartedly. Wally smiled at himself for eliciting a laugh from the girl as the two of them walked out to get back in the car.

Elias's POV

As me and Wally walked down the stairs to get to the car I took a minute to think to myself about him. He was actually a funny guy, even if he is a huge flirt (and a bit cocky). I had just met him and I already liked him liked his personality, he was easy to be around and I could definitely see the two of us becoming best friends later on in the future.

His peculiar confident nature was refreshing to me, I couldn't help but feel he would bring the best out in me, even after we just met. And who knows, maybe I will develop a romantic interest for him, although I don't think it'd be very professional for me to be romantically involved with my hero partner.

Whatever I've got the future ahead of me to decide how I feel, and regardless this red head seems to be growing on me by the minute...