Chapter 39 - Enter Artemis

a/n - I forgot to put Elias's fit in the last chapter so here it is now lolol

-

-

-

Elias's POV

Socials was...interesting I suppose. Right off the bat, the teacher told us the next few weeks would be debating, which wasn't really my strong suit. The whole unit was going to be on the discussion of good and evil, which was something I was definitely familiar with.

Thankfully, the teacher gave us the first day to prepare our research and opinions on the topic. It was interesting to think about honestly, in the class there were two sides to the argument, people who believed there was always distinct good and evil and people who believed good and evil doesn't really exist.

Obviously, being a hero I had my own biases, but I still tried to understand both sides of the argument. During the class, I noticed this girl kept staring at me randomly. Every time I'd catch her staring she'd casually shift her eyes back to her notes like nothing happened. It went on until the end of the block and before I could even ask her about it she was gone.

I brushed it off and made my way to the gymnasium. The girl's change room was nothing special, it was certainly lower quality than the rest of the school, which was disappointing. After I changed into my gym strip I followed the group of girls out the change room into the gym, where we split off into our classes.

Much to my happiness, the first day was game day, which meant I was going to be a try hard and win. And to make things even better, we were playing dodgeball. If only Wally was in the same gym as me, I'd have smoked him at dodgeball.

The game was wild, it wasn't too hard at first cause the other try hards seemed to be focussed on taking each other out. The hardest part was resisting the temptation to use my super speed. Unfortunately, most of my team members got taken out quickly and soon it came down to me against a handful of people on the other team. The odds were against me, but being the stubborn ass I am, I was determined to win.

After majority of the balls were on my side, I hurled a barrage of shots back at the other team, quickly taking out all but one girl. It was the same girl from my socials class, but she wore a determined look as she dodged my attacks with shocking agility. I was starting to like her.

She attacked back, throwing several balls my way, which I narrowly avoided. I grabbed one ball and continued my dodging, and it was going smoothly until she threw a fast ball out of nowhere. In a split second I leaned backward as the ball passed over my face, and as I pulled myself up from the painful arch I recoiled my arm to throw the ball I was holding. Which surprising accuracy, I nailed her in the gut before she could react, and she doubled over from the force of it.

I immediately felt bad for throwing such a hard ball, but the excited cheers from my team pulled me back. I smiled in victory as I jogged over to her, shocked to see she was kneeling on the ground while clutching her stomach. I didn't even know I had that killer of a throw. I quickly offered her a hand, which she surprisingly accepted with a pained smile.

"Thanks, you've got a wicked throw, girl," she spoke with a strained voice and I scratched my neck sheepishly.

"Aha, sorry about that. Good game though, you've got crazy reaction speed," I compliment her as I offer her a fist bump, she accepts it with a grin and removed her arm from her waist.

"You're new here, right?" She asked and I quickly nodded.

"Yeah, I'm Elias. We have socials together," I tell her with a grin and she smiles back at me.