Chapter 41 - School's Hell

a/n - tysm for 10k reads, holy shit. I love all of you sm <3

-

-

-

Elias's POV

(a/n- warning! more graphic and gorey descriptions. skip until end of italicized part if that makes you uncomfortable!)

...this shit again? Whatever this shit is, it's getting old already.

The sickeningly familiar white abyss stretched out into my surroundings, it seemed to be one of the only things I could consistently recall from my previous dreams, which wasn't very helpful.

It didn't take long for the abyss to warp away, I watched as the blank slate morphed into a house that encased me. I recognized the building within moments, when I caught sight of the furniture barren living room and moving boxes situated in the corner.

It was my old home, back from when my family discovered my powers. I was only eleven or twelve at the time, crazy to think it had already been four years since then. I didn't have long to reminisce on past memories before a whirring sound caught my attention.

I looked over my shoulder behind me, seeing my little brother standing beside the ball launching machine he'd tormented me with as a kid. A smile grew on my face at the sight of my brother, a familiar face I'd come to miss, but it quickly faltered when I noticed the strange distant look his eyes held.

"Eli?" I mumbled cautiously, his gaze maintained stoic and cold. I felt a presence in the room and shifted my eyes back to just in front of me, immediately gasping when I saw the rest of my family standing in the living room. Oh boy, it's that memory, huh?

I remembered my brother's rude outing of my abilities to my family, which he dearly paid for by having his ball machine confiscated indefinitely, but something was definitely off. Not just Eli's unnerving gaze. My family stared back at me, all sharing similar stoic expressions, which was weird to see from my little sister who had to have been five or six at the time.

I didn't get the chance to ask questions before the whirring of the ball launcher grew louder, signalling it was powered up to fire. The sound continued to grow louder, to concerning levels that it wasn't supposed to reach, and I dared to turn to face it.

"What are you doing?" I dared to ask my brother, his eyes only narrowed in aggression. With a press of a button, a projectile was launched from the device, except it wasn't the bouncy tennis ball I was used to being struck with. An explosion of pain erupted within my abdomen as the projectile made contact with my gut, it hit me with such force I was pushed back from the momentum. I doubled over in pain, grasping my abdominal region as I exclaimed. I removed whatever had embedded itself in me and covered the area.

I hesitantly lifted my hand from my stomach and my eyes widened at the sight of blood staining my fingers. I looked down at whatever had hit me and my blood went cold when I realized I was hit with a metal ball of needles. Sharp, thin needles covered the surface of the round object and I physically shivered at the sight. I never liked needles.

The impact of the deadly projectile left numerous puncture wounds in my skin, all at least an inch deep into my body with blood gradually spilling out of each hole like a leaking water bottle. I winced at the pain and severity of my wound before looking up again. My family members still stared back at me, unfazed by the brutal wound inflicted on me by my own brother. I knew it had to have been a dream, but the painfully realistic burning sensation from my wound made it hard to believe this wasn't real life. And that only made the feeling of betrayal more prominent.