Chapter 31- Calm Before the Storm

3rd POV

The six teens were seated in a circle in the living room, it was late evening already but they were hardly tired. Majority of them were seated beside one another on the long green L shaped couch, while M'ghan and Superboy sat on the smaller couch across. M'ghan made the effort to give the clone a good amount of personal space, though he couldn't have cared less.

They all sported casual wear, having changed out of their uniforms just after Tornado had gone to bed for the night. On normal circumstances this would have seemed like a fun little sleepover between a group of friends, but the serious matter of their upcoming mission turned it into more of an obligatory group project.

"Alright, so we know the layout of the building. Batman gave me the map and I can forward it to anyone who wants it," Robin began their planning as he used his glove to project the building onto a hologram for the rest of the teens to see. The map showed countless rooms and a labyrinth of hallways, from first glance it was clear it wasn't going to be easy to find the room where the weapon was located.

"Hyper and I can check out the security in the place when we get there and we'll probably have to split up to cover more ground in the place," Robin suggested and the teens nodded in agreement. "I've also got the map of the ventilation system in the building, we will probably have to use that to get from room to room."

"I don't believe we have communications set up for the team yet. Is there a way we can all stay in touch during the mission?" Kaldur inquires and Meghan seems to light up at his words, sitting up a little from her seat on the couch.

"I could establish a mind link between the six of us for the duration of the mission. Although it will require us to hear each other's thoughts for the entirety of it," she explains and several slightly skeptical looks were shared in the team. "It will also be undetectable from radios and scanners so it will be easier to keep our cover," she reasoned and most of them seemed to agree with the idea.

"That sounds like the best idea in my opinion, plus we won't have to worry about bad service if we're underground," Elias added and several sounds of agreement were heard.

"I won't arrange it without consent from everyone," M'ghan declares as she looks over to everyone for approval. Kaldur nods his head while Wally and Robin shoot her a thumbs up, Elias grins in approval and then all eyes were on Superboy. He maintained his usual blank faced expression, not liking the idea of having M'ghan read his mind for a whole mission, but eventually his face softened and he grumbled in agreement.

"Great, it's settled. I'll create the link before we leave tomorrow night," M'ghan cheered while clasping her hands together in excitement. A more positive aura seemed to surround the room and the smallest (barely noticeable) smile creeped onto Superboy's face at the sight of the girl's joy.

"What do we do if something like Cadmus happens again? We won't have Superboy to come save us again," Wally points out, as it would likely be difficult to contact the League if they ended up underground again.

"We'll just have to not get captured," Elias says in a curt response, bringing an unimpressed look to Wally's face.

"The odds are more in our favour this time, we have a plan, we know the facility, and we've got a clear objective. All we really have to worry about is who we're up against," Robin's reasoning voice brings an optimistic feeling back into the conversation.

Elias grins cheekily at his words, "who do you think the worst villain we could encounter is?" She asked in a lighthearted manner as she judged Wally beside her with her elbow.