Chapter 14- Clone Problems

Kid Flash/Wally's POV

Almost instantly a battle had begun, the Geno-morph used telepathy to throw some barrels at us and Rob tried to hit him with one of his bombs but it stopped before it hit him.

We ran down one of the hallways to avoid him as he threw more exploding barrels at us. Amidst the loud explosions I could make out the 'ding' of the elevator opening in the distance.

I heard the Geno-morph guy tell somebody we were headed towards project KR and I soon realised that it was Guardian who was chasing us now. Me and Hyper turned around the corner to see a female scientist exiting a large vault room.

"Out of the way lady!" Hyper shouted at the girl. She was only able to look up from her tablet when saw Hyper racing towards her. They both shrieked as they collided with each other, Hyper ended up hitting her head pretty hard on a contraption of some kind.

"Hyper!" I shouted worriedly as she fell to the floor and her eyes fell shut. I went to help her but I saw the others coming and the door was closing. I quickly ran to find something to put in the door to jam it open and I prayed it would keep the door open until they made it.

"Come on hurry." I shouted to them as they ran towards me and Hyper who layed unconscious om the floor. Aqualad saw she was knocked out and quickly ran to pick her up. He held her bridal style while he running as fast as he could to get to the door before Guardian could catch up with him.

I couldn't help but feel the bit of jealous burning in my chest but I contained that as much as I could as he ran through the door. He glanced at the canister holding the door open before kicking it and running towards us as the door shut closed.

Aqualad's POV

I held Hyper in my arms as she slowly regained her consciousness. Her eyes fluttered open as she saw me looking at her smiling. She gasped in shock as she realised I was holding her in my arms and she held her chest regaining her breath.

"Umm hi uh Aqualad." she said awkwardly as I smiled softly again and placed her down on the floor. I saw the nasty look that Wally shot in my direction but I only ignored him because I really didn't want to know the reason he was mad, not now at least.

Robin used his device to hack into the door before he stopped after about a minute. "I disabled the door, we're safe." he said as he closed the device and gave me a reassuring smile but I frowned at him.

"We're trapped." I spoke grimly as his smile quickly disappeared. A heavy feeling of dread filled the room as the reality hit everyone.

"Uh guys, you'll want to see this." Kid said as he pushed some buttons on a device in the room.

3rd POV

The three teens walked towards Kid Flash as he tapped a few buttons on the screen. Some clicks were heard and a pod in front of them lit up, as did the rest of the room. The four of them stood in front of the contraption, staring at what was inside of the pod. Their jaws all dropped when they saw that inside the pod was a clone of Superman.

They all stared at the clone in awe, not knowing what to do or how to react in their current situation.

Kid Flash approached the pod and stared closely at the initials printed into the glass of the pod and a moment of realization struck him.

"Big K little R, the atomic symbol for krypton!" Kid shouted as he examined the glass and Hyper walked up to the pod.

"THAT's why they called it project KR!" KF shouted as Hyper walked up beside him while rolling her eyes.

"No it was going to be called the Happy Sun Project, OF COURSE THAT'S WHY!!" Hyper said sarcastically as she slapped Wally's arm lightly at the dumb exclamation he made.