Chapter 28 - Moving into the Mountain

a/n - here's a rough look of what Elias's room looks like, minus the windows of course.

Elias's POV

The next couple days after our training session with Barry were hell honestly, it felt like every part of my body was simultaneously sabotaging me. It also didn't help that I was trying to pack up all my belongings and transport them to the Mount Justice. I had to make my move as quick and discreet as possible, which wasn't the most difficult task considering I didn't make the effort to make any friends at my high school.

You can probably guess why.

I stumbled out of the Zeta Tube leading into the mountain, while carrying a couple boxes in my arms despite my aching muscles. Meghan was kind enough to offer to help me transport my belongings, since she has telepathy or whatever. Superboy however, was nowhere to be seen. the entire time Meghan and I were moving boxes and luggage he stayed in his room, only coming out briefly to make a sandwich and return to his den.

He's not the most sociable creature I must say.

I exhaled deeply as I placed the boxes on the floor and Meghan flew them into my room, with a brush of my hands I smiled at her. "That's the last of them!" I exclaim happily and she claps her hands in cheer. "You honestly saved me hours or wobbling around this place trying to move shit. Thanks!"

She only smiles in response, "of course, it was no big deal. Do you need any help unpacking?" she asks and I shake my head in response.

"I shouldn't need much help, but you can come keep me company if you'd like!" I offer and she nods eagerly before following me into my room. Boxes filled with clothes and miscellaneous items littered one side of the room, all messily thrown into a pile. A simple queen size bed was placed in the corner, with basic sheets covering the mattress, while several wooden storage compartments and a closet covered the wall. The whole room itself was kind of depressing, especially with the lack of sunlight because to the concrete interiors.

The simple layout was a little underwhelming, but I can't really complain with free housing. Plus, I'm sure I'd find ways to spice the place up a bit. I tore open one of the boxes and pulled out my collection of books, I placed them on the bed and Meghan generously displayed them on the shelf. It's like she read my mind, I mean she literally can but my point still stands.

"Wow, you've got a lot of academic books," Meghan points out as she stares in awe at my collection of physics, language, and coding books. I had yet to pull out the other ones going on about anatomy and quantum theory, but there were still quite a few thick ass textbooks nonetheless. "I would have pictured you as more of a creative soul," she claims and I chuckle.

"Yeah, I've always been more for facts and logic. I take pride in learning stuff, mostly so I can brag and outsmart people," I explain and she mumbles and 'oh' in shock at my cocky statement. "I'm kidding, I just like learning. Before I got my superpowers, my brains were the only significant things about me," I explain as I pull more books out from the boxes and place them on the shelfs.

"What do you mean significant?" she asks curiously while she helped me organize my shelf. I stared off in thought for a second as I held a chemistry book in my hand, a book I spent too many ours pondering over.

"I mean...I've always excelled in school since I was a kid. It always set me apart from other people so I never really made any friends," I explain with a soft smile on my face. I can feel her look at me sympathetically. "It wasn't a bad thing really, the one time I made friends at school they found out about my powers and abandoned me," I continue as I think back to the times in middle school where I felt at my lowest.