Chapter 9- A Lunch Date

3rd POV

The two teens exited the house to see a very sassy looking Barry waiting at his car, it was quite an amusing sight to see.

"You know what's odd, I'm waiting on a couple of kids who have super speed and they take twice as long as any normal person would to put two damn luggages into a house!" Barry points out while crossing his arms and Elias and Wally both snicker at his words.

"You can't even talk! It takes you like 40 minutes to decide what you want at a restaurant," Wally accuses and Elias only snickers harder at his response. Barry scoffs and brushes him off with his hand.

"Is this what it's like with you two all the time?" Elias laughs out and the two boys share a look before shrugging in agreement. "That's gonna be fun to get used to," she jokes sarcastically at the two boys.

"Ok but seriously, are we going to get going because I really wanna start training! Also do I have to sit in the back with Kid Dork over here again or can I sit in the front seat?" Elias asked as she jabbed a thumb in Wallys direction and he immediately gasps in offence.

"What babe you don't want to sit with me?" Wally said clutching his heart like he was in pain and she scoffed at him.

"Well I wouldn't want to sit with you either, but who said anything about driving?" Barry said with a mischievous grin and both of the kids stared at him in confusion.

Elias's POV

It took a moment to cue in on Barry's intention and I instantly groan in irritation at his plan. "Really? Running? I can't even speed properly yet that's so unfair," I exclaim while throwing my hands in the air and Wally shared my same exasperated expression.

"Ugh I don't want to run now, I still haven't eaten lunch yet and I refuse to run on an empty stomach." Wally said stubbornly as he crossed his arms like a child.

"Oh stop being a baby, Wally. You had like four bagels for breakfast, you're fine," Barry reassured but Wally remains unfazed.

"...I think that I could eat too." I said agreeing with the red head as my stomach growled almost on cue.

"Fine, we'll go get something to eat, but right after that we have three hours of training." Barry finally caves at our complaining and Wally and I high five each other while grinning.

Wally's POV

We had to run to get to the restaurant because Barry wanted us to at least get some kind of exercise done before we eat and to my surprise Elias had a very hard time getting there.

She was stuck maintaining a normal running speed while Barry and I used the Speed Force. I felt bad, I honestly thought she'd be a pro at this, but then again she didn't have a trainer or anything.

"Can you guys slow down a bit! I still don't have the hang of this thing," she complained with a disappointed look on her face. Barry and I stopped in our tracks and ran back over to her.

"It's really simple you know, you just got to focus." I said smoothly and she glared daggers at me, clearly not impressed with my excellent advice.

"Easy for you to say, you have actually trained with Barry before." She explains as she throws her hands in the air for emphasis.

"I could give you some private lessons if you want." I flirted and she rolled her eyes at me with a scoff.

"Yeah in your dreams West." She said teasingly and I playfully pouted at her.

"Wally is right, you just need to focus on clearing your head and think of moving your body where you want to go, the Speed Force does the rest," Barry explains as he approaches us and Elias huffs in determination. "Visualize your speed as a volume knob, the more you turn it up, the faster you'll go," he continues.