Chapter 27 - Molecular Vibration Training

a/n - elias's fit for the day is above

Elias's POV

A few days had passed since our run in with Mister Twister, Barry had been lenient enough to give Wally and I a couple days to rest before making us train again. But now we are back at the same empty field we always train on. Wally and I showed up in our casual clothes and I noticed that he was wearing the hoodie I had lent him a few days ago, I smiled to myself at the sight.

"You're wearing my hoodie," I point out and he shoots me a grin while tugging on the hoodie with his fingers.

"Yes ma'am, you said I could return it at our next meet up with the team so I'm wearing it until then," he says with a smile and I can't help but let a stupid grin cover my cheeks, sometimes he could be such a sweetheart without even meaning to.

"Sounds good, but it better not be sweaty when you return it to me," I tease as I pat him on the shoulder before walking over to where Barry was waiting for us. I started stretching and Wally jogged over to join me as Barry began explaining the plan for today.

"You guys are gonna be doing combat training and stuff with Canary at the Mountain, so I won't work on that with you guys today," Barry explains while Wally and I stretch, both of us silently cheering at the thought of no sparring for once.

"Instead, we're gonna work on some more Speed Force techniques, specifically high frequency vibration," he continues with a knowing grin and we both immediately groan in response. He really got our hopes up like that, what an ass.

"I hope you brought tissues then," I poke fun at Wally's frequent nosebleeds from molecule vibrating, he shoots me a glare and I stick my tongue out at him.

"Haha, very funny," he laughs sarcastically and Barry scoffs at our bickering.

"Alright, when you two are done stretching lets get to work. Do fifty pushups and burpees and then ten laps around the field without using the Speed Force for warm up," Barry instructs and we groan yet again at his words before reluctantly starting our warmup.

It wasn't out of the ordinary for us to have rather intense training days, I mean it does require a lot of muscle strength and stamina to be a speedster. After about ten painful minutes we finished our warmup, both of us covered in a light layer of sweat and red on our faces.

"Go get some water and we'll work on vibrating," Barry commands and we both breathe a sigh of relief before fetching our water bottles. I leaned against a tree as I chugged my water and Wally stood beside me doing the same. After a moment he put the bottle on the ground and pulled the hoodie he was wearing off over his head.

I looked at him from the side of my eyes as he pulled down his t-shirt that had risen from removing the hoodie. "Did you already sweat all over my hoodie?" I ask jokingly as I put my own water bottle down.

"Nah, don't worry. I haven't sweat through my shirt yet so it's fine," he reassures as he stretches out the sleeves of the hoodie to show me the lack of sweat stains. I walk over to him and lift the sweater closer to my face, I sniffed it to check if the fabric smelled bad. Instead of the stench of body odour I was met with the scent of Wally's cologne, a mixture of citrus and foresty scents that I had grown to love.

"It smells like you, how much have you been wearing this?" I ask teasingly and he scratches his neck sheepishly as he pulls the sweater back towards him.

"Might've worn it to sleep last night," he replies with fake innocence and I laugh at his response, imagining Wally sleeping in my hoodie was a strangely adorable thing to picture.

"You better not have drooled on it," I warn as I begin walking back over to the field where Barry was waiting impatiently.

"No promises," Wally says jokingly as he joins me back on the field. Barry went over the basics of molecular vibration again and the importance of maintaining high frequency vibration while moving through an object in order to ensure you don't get stuck. Honestly molecular vibration was a pretty scary thing, but it was such a badass technique. Imagine being able to get out of every type of restraint, that would've been real helpful back at Cadmus.